Hate the picture Gallery

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I am having huge lag in the picture gallery. In all scenarios especially when I am in another application and want to pull a file from the gallery. Sometimes it takes 15 seconds for everything to load. Anyone have a fix for this??

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
How many pictures do you guys have in your gallery? I have over 1000 split into several folders with zero issues.. what memory cards are you using? Read speeds could have alot to do with how fast the pictures load

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
How many pictures do you guys have in your gallery? I have over 1000 split into several folders with zero issues.. what memory cards are you using? Read speeds could have alot to do with how fast the pictures load

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

yes that's right. it sounds like you're pulling from your external card. if so, make sure that's a class 10 rated card for the fastest transfer speed.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Is your Gallery synced with your Picasa Album?
If so, this could be the reason.
It automatically syncs with your album when you sign into your Google account on your device.
Mine was synced, and the Gallery was slow to load. I disabled the Picasa sync for that account, then went to the Gallery app and cleared the cache and data.
No more lag.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
How can I change the gallery back to IC look? I liked having my Picts all in a single spot without having to select folders.
Thanks

If you're using the default gallery app, tap the icon in the upper right corner of the gallery app.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae