1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 2 buttons are loose

I bought myself a new Galaxy Note 2 for a week ago, really happy with it. The only thing that bothers me is that the volume buttons and the power button are loose. I can sway them, and it feels like they could fall off at any moment. Should it be so? Raising and lowering is excellent, it's just that they are very wobbly.

I'm from Sweden, so I apologize for my bad English..

Last edited by Limequat; 03-12-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Default Re: Galaxy Note 2 buttons are loose

Well, mine are a bit wobbly, but nothing that screams 'I'm about to pop out and leave your phone useless!!!' They're definitely NOT tight (I've seen several Note 2's and S3's to know that), but they're not so loose as to feel they're frail.

Maybe post a video of how your buttons move when 'al naturale'?

PS: Great English!! Didn't even realize you were from Sweden until I saw your (unfounded, IMHO) apology :P

My volume buttons have very little give, while the power button has no give whatsoever. What you're describing doesn't sound good at all and would drive me crazy.
    Error
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Here you have a video that I filmed

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Limequat View Post
    Here you have a video that I filmed

Mine seem a little loose but I do not think they are that loose. I put mine in an Otterbox, so I don't even notice it anymore.

Ya mine is a little loose also, just so there's wiggle room to maneuver it. But not that loose, especially on the volume rocker...

I bought myself a new Galaxy Note 2 for a week ago, really happy with it. The only thing that bothers me is that the volume buttons and the power button are loose. I can sway them, and it feels like they could fall off at any moment. Should it be so? Raising and lowering is excellent, it's just that they are very wobbly.

I'd return it to the retailer and ask for a new one. Those buttons should not be loose at all. Mine are as solid as a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by indysteve9 View Post
    I'd return it to the retailer and ask for a new one. Those buttons should not be loose at all. Mine are as solid as a rock.
    But also be aware you may be opening yourself up to the chrome trim being loose and creaky or something else. Samsung build comsistancy isn't the best as many devices come with an issue. I've seen loose battery covers, loose power and volume buttons, chips in the chrome, loose chrome trim in random areas including by buttons or not, etc. I'm as picky as the next person but you won't have a perfect device for the most part. Only swap if its that bad because it may be worse. The one device I had that was perfect failed after 5 hours and couldn't make or receive calls or texts bit could surf the web.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    But also be aware you may be opening yourself up to the chrome trim being loose and creaky or something else. Samsung build comsistancy isn't the best as many devices come with an issue. I've seen loose battery covers, loose power and volume buttons, chips in the chrome, loose chrome trim in random areas including by buttons or not, etc. I'm as picky as the next person but you won't have a perfect device for the most part. Only swap if its that bad because it may be worse. The one device I had that was perfect failed after 5 hours and couldn't make or receive calls or texts bit could surf the web.
    Well, I've had mine for 3 months now and it's been working just fine. And the build quality is perfect.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Typical flimsy Samsung construction. Try a case that covers the buttons and gives you good feedback. Samsung has made some statements lately indicating they have heard the complaints about plasticky cheap feel and I'm thinking the S 4 will be better in this regard but I guess we will find out pretty soon.