Only 3 days left for the Note 2 as Samsung's flagship :-(

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
  1. So on March 14th the S4 will be unveiled! And the Gnote 2 will no longer be the next big thing. Is it me or does the constant influx of new devices every couple of months with the latest and greatest technology a little overwhelming? The Gnote 3 is said to be out in the 3rd qtr, not even a full yr after the gn2 came out.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
While I am confident the S4 will be awesome, I will still be super-happy with the Note 2 as it's larger and has the S-pen. Some of the purported features I've read about probably will lose their wow factor after one has played with said features for a few minutes. New things always tend to sound super exciting, but many new features just aren't really must-haves. But they do entice people to consider the products and there's nothing wrong with that. Also, if the Note 3 really has a screen as large as rumored, I won't be in the slightest bit interested in it.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind new devices constantly coming in. It's somewhat nice to see that Samsung isn't sitting on it's laurels like RIM did as they are always trying new things.

I just hope they don't ignore past devices. Keep updating the OS, if it needs updating. Fix bugs, etc. As long as this happens I'm fine with not having the latest and greatest.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
as long as Sam and vzw continue to support the n2 will be happy with this thing...

sent from my galaxy note 2

helloyo53

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Slightly overwhelming, yes, simply because I love to have the latest and greatest technology (albeit can't afford it most of the time due to being a high school student). I just bought the Note II a couple of days ago because my GS2 died on me. On one hand, I wish my S2 would have waited a little while longer so I could have either gotten the GS4 or GN3; however, I am absolutely blown away with the GN2 at the moment, so I'm okay with having the GN2 even though it won't be the flagship anymore.

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Not sure that I could use a phone with a smaller screen, I have only had the Note 2 for about 1 1/2 months and my Wife's S3 phone (4.7 inch screen) seems small. I am not sure that I would want to use a bigger screen either. I like the features on the Note 2 and it is currently one of the fastest phones out there, probably not for long though.

helloyo53

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Not sure that I could use a phone with a smaller screen, I have only had the Note 2 for about 1 1/2 months and my Wife's S3 phone (4.7 inch screen) seems small. I am not sure that I would want to use a bigger screen either. I like the features on the Note 2 and it is currently one of the fastest phones out there, probably not for long though.

It's funny you say that because my mom has the S3 and I was using it today and found it small, and I've only had the Note 2 for 3 days! And the GS3 is a pretty big phone too, that's what makes it funny. I love the larger screen sizes though. The bigger, the better!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
still a heck of a flag...ship to me!!! I will patiently wait for the Note 3! Congrats to those who want the S4! I hope it is super!

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
The note 2 is still Samsung flagship for the note line the gs4 is their flagship Phone not NOTE

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Why would anyone think the Note2 isn't the best? Just because the S4 is being released? Yes its new and exciting. Competitive to the popular S3. But the Note 2 is such an awesome device. It will hold popularity for a long time. I am so damn pleased with my white creation. Am in awe still and have had two months. Its always being complimented. No regrets.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

b0a4pkd

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. Am new here. The gs3 coming out changes nothing for me. This gn2 is it! I will not go back to a smaller phone. This thing is my phone AND tablet.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Apples and oranges in my opinion. Screen size makes these phones different. I could never go smaller again. I don't care if the s4 has a icemaker. I am excited about the n3's rumored screen size. The bigger the better.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
While I am confident the S4 will be awesome, I will still be super-happy with the Note 2 as it's larger and has the S-pen. Some of the purported features I've read about probably will lose their wow factor after one has played with said features for a few minutes. New things always tend to sound super exciting, but many new features just aren't really must-haves. But they do entice people to consider the products and there's nothing wrong with that. Also, if the Note 3 really has a screen as large as rumored, I won't be in the slightest bit interested in it.
I agree 100%

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind new devices constantly coming in. It's somewhat nice to see that Samsung isn't sitting on it's laurels like RIM did as they are always trying new things.

I just hope they don't ignore past devices. Keep updating the OS, if it needs updating. Fix bugs, etc. As long as this happens I'm fine with not having the latest and greatest.

Agree I hope the gn2 gets 4.2.1 ASAP! And they need to fix some of the glitches with 4.1.2!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I thought I heard about some BT issues with 4.2.1. Hopefully we could go right to 4.2.2.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Android Central Forums

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
still a heck of a flag...ship to me!!! I will patiently wait for the Note 3! Congrats to those who want the S4! I hope it is super!

Yes I'm excited for the gn3! Now that they will keep the screen under 6 inches, there were rumors before that it was going to have a 6.1 inch screen, that's just absurd because I don't think I could hold it with a case on! But now they saying it will have a 5.9 screen I think that's great and will max out the screen size of a phone in my opinion, you can only go so big. Until then I love my gn2, have had it since December 1st and I still find new uses for it! Best device I've ever owned.

darkcorsair

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I dont start to get jealous of all the new devices coming out until my current phone begins to slow down. So far so good, got this in November and it is still blazing with moderate to heavy use

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

metalgirl3

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 4s, I am still madly in love with my Note 2. No way I would even look at another man. I mean phone. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, the market for the S4 is not the same market for the Note users. The S4 is competing for the best in class smartphone.

Many people who purchased the S2 in 2011 (an amazing phone in its own right) on a 2yr contract, and were not able to justify the cost of an early upgrade to the S3 last year, are ready and waiting in 2013. The S4 will sell millions because remember, Sammy sold nearly 40 million S2's.

However, the Note is in a class all it's own. It's only competition is the LG Intuition (VUE) on Verizon, which was a flop. The Note, both the original and the Note II, provide the user with the ultimate all-in-one device. A full feature rich smartphone, screen size of a mini tablet, and the convenience of an electronic notepad and pen.

For me personally, unless a device has an S-pen, and the screen size of at least 5.5 inches, I could not even consider it as my daily driver.

I

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol