(non-gmail) Email Sync Issues?

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm setting up my mom's Note 2, and she's having trouble with her emails not syncing fast enough--even pressing the 'sync' button doesn't work. Emails show up literally hours after they were initially sent. She's using Yahoo and AOL instead of gmail (archaic, but she's stubborn about not switching over). Funny thing is, I created a gmail account for her a few years back and had all her messages forwarded; when I use the gmail app, her emails (from her AOL account) show up after pressing 'sync'. However, they still won't show up with the stock email app.

I went into settings, and couldn't find any sync frequency options, although it stated there would be some. Anyone else having issues with non-gmail email syncing? Is this a common problem with the stock email app--should I dl a different one in the Play store? It's imperative she receive emails in time, as they often involve prospective assignments as early as the next day.

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
did you ever get this resolved? I'm about to set up the same thing on my mom-in-laws S2, who is also on AOL... My suggestion would be to set her up with gmail and have all her AOL forwarded to gmail...eventually i'd like to migrate her away from AOL.... I mean really? A.O.L ??? stilll?? hahahaha...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995