pin lock after encrypted certificate import - how to remove pin lock ??

iluvar

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have imported encrypted certificate and in the process was requested to define pin code for the credential store. Little did I know that this will cause that every time I want to unlock my Note2 I will have to enter pin.
When trying to change the way I unlock the phone I am only given choices to use even more advanced methods - pattern, pin and password. All other methods are disabled ( by administrator, who ever it is - the list of administrators is empty. So "swipe", "motion", "face"...and "none" options are disabled.
It would be most helpful if anyone knows how to change back to swipe.
I assume that this is all because of credential storage. There is an option to erase all certificates but I don't know if that applies to "all" or "all user certificates".
I searched this forum, but alas, no answer.
I'm :confused: with all this... hope someone help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You're right, it has to do with the certificate and, fortunately/unfortunately (depending on your view), this forces some changes to your phone's security. My corporate e-mail, for instance, requires me to have nothing less than PIN-lock if I want it loaded onto my personal phone. The certificate you used acts in the same way; it deems that the information it provides is sensitive enough to enforce a security policy onto your phone (and to be fair, does tell you so from the beginning).

If you want no-PIN lock back, you need to remove the certificate, along with all the privileges or access it provided. No free lunch, I guess...

iluvar

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunatley, afer I removed the encrypted certificate I am still unable to remove pin-lock.
I understand underlying security and it does make sense, but somehow I think it should still be configurable.

Jan Cerenohorsky

May 30, 2016
Visit site
You're right, it has to do with the certificate and, fortunately/unfortunately (depending on your view), this forces some changes to your phone's security. My corporate e-mail, for instance, requires me to have nothing less than PIN-lock if I want it loaded onto my personal phone. The certificate you used acts in the same way; it deems that the information it provides is sensitive enough to enforce a security policy onto your phone (and to be fair, does tell you so from the beginning).

If you want no-PIN lock back, you need to remove the certificate, along with all the privileges or access it provided. No free lunch, I guess...

Got the same problem with hamachi VPN certificate. How can I remove the certificate? I don't need it anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463