snapchat screen capture

keithb2real

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So my wife and I send goofy pics of ourselves throughout the day to help relieve some on the job stress. Some of the pics we really like and would like to keep. On her hem hem iphone she can capture the pic, but on my note 2 I have no idea of how to do so. Ive google searched and couldnt find a for sure answer, so any gnote2 users know how this can be accomplished?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm shocked you couldn't find it as it's the easiest thing to do! (OK, not THAT easy, but easy enough).

So, with your Note 2 you have three options to screen capture (yes! THREE!! :) and a 'bonus' fourth partial option! )

1) Hold down the power button and Home button at the same time for about a second. Snapshot taken.

2) If you enable this in your Motion Settings (you have to activate Motion Gestures for this to work), you can take a screen shot by just swiping your palm across the screen from one side to the other.

3) Take out your S-Pen, press the button on in and press and hold it to the screen for a couple of seconds. Snapshot is taken and it even lets you make notes on the screenshot.

4) Bonus! This is a 'partial' solution as it doesn't exactly take a full screenshot but only portions of the screen. Just take out the S-Pen, press and hold the button on it, and draw a lasso to select the area of the screen you want to take a snapshot of. It'll give you the option to save or send to clipboard or another app or make notes on it.

Hope it helps.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I actually think the op is wanting to know how to take self pictures. He did not say screen shot,, he said snap chat screen capture. Likes to take goofy pictures of "ourselves"... Open camera and go to settings and chose self portrait.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

keithb2real

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol thanks for the help im going to try using the s pen method. With the snapchat app you need to keep your finger on the view button or else the pic disappears, hopefully I can s pen while holding the view button. I know how to take self portraits that's the easy part. To clarify I want to screen capture snap chat pictures on my gnote. Thanks for the answers you guys.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok I stand very wrong. How is taking a screen shot sending a picture of yourself? Initial question is very strangely worded but my apologies.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I know what the OP means. Often wondered how to do this myself. If you figure out a way to to do I would be interested to know, but I'm pretty sure the app was designed so you couldn't keep the pictures. I heard it was really decided for sending nude-y pics without having to worry about that being used against you later. Lol

keithb2real

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
See thats the thing NinjaMom. On my wifes iphone she can capture a screenshot and then on my app, it will notify me that she captured a screenshot of the picture I just send to her. For some reason I guess android cant do it...? I will keep researching. Oh and to your last comment, you are completely correct lol. Whenever I ask people how to use the snapchat app they kind of look at me like i'm a little nasty, I don't know maybe I should find an alternative app.

keithb2real

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yay so easy as cake for all looking for answer. Hold the snap button with one hand,with your free hand take your stylus holding the small button on the left side of the stylus and press down the screen of your phone while snap pic is showing, a screenshot will capture.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
And you can even add notes to it (or draw even sillier things on the pic if that's your thing :p)

does that degrade the quality of the pic? for example, it would be different to send an mms message (where you can download the actual pic) as opposed to taking a pic of the screen of the mms picture displayed. i'm not familiar with snapchat so that's why i'm asking...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It would take the snapshot at your screen's resolution... If you are sent a file through MMS, for instance, and you download it, it saves as an attachment on the original format... If the picture was larger than your display but it was shrunk to fit your screen, then yes, taking a snapshot would decrease the 'quality' of the pic.

The whole point of SnapChat, however, is that you cannot save the pictures you're sending (thus, the often touted, raunchy, nudey nature of the app). If you use it to just send goofy pictures and be able to save some of them, why not use other services like Whatsapp or such?

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I actually think the op is wanting to know how to take self pictures. He did not say screen shot,, he said snap chat screen capture. Likes to take goofy pictures of "ourselves"... Open camera and go to settings and chose self portrait.

The OP said they send goofy pictures to each other, so it sounds like he already knows how to use Snapchat, and the phrasing for how he said on her iPhone she can "can capture the pic" sounds like she's capturing the picture she was sent, i.e. screen shots. Just saying :)

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The OP said they send goofy pictures to each other, so it sounds like he already knows how to use Snapchat, and the phrasing for how he said on her iPhone she can "can capture the pic" sounds like she's capturing the picture she was sent, i.e. screen shots. Just saying :)

Pretty sure thats been established.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
It would take the snapshot at your screen's resolution... If you are sent a file through MMS, for instance, and you download it, it saves as an attachment on the original format... If the picture was larger than your display but it was shrunk to fit your screen, then yes, taking a snapshot would decrease the 'quality' of the pic.

The whole point of SnapChat, however, is that you cannot save the pictures you're sending (thus, the often touted, raunchy, nudey nature of the app). If you use it to just send goofy pictures and be able to save some of them, why not use other services like Whatsapp or such?

ah, just from the name of the app i figured it was a case where a "file" was not being transmitted. so yes, you're right on and that's what i was alluding to - why not just use something else if you're saving the files.