1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text Shortcuts?

Is there anyway to add text shortcuts? For example typing "spm" will produce "Spider-Man". I don't see this option listed anywhere.

Default Re: Text Shortcuts?

You might want to check out Smart Keyboard. This is an AutoText feature in Smart Keyboard.
    It's the keyboard I use everyday on my device. I have quite a few shortcuts setup. For instance, my Email address, cell number, home address, email signatures.
    I can quickly type things I need using custom letters I create. This was one of the things I liked the most when I used BlackBerry before coming over to Android.
    I didn't want to give up that feature. Smart Keyboard made the transition from BlackBerry to Android easier for me.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the information. I was hoping it was part of the OS and not part of the keyboard itself. I like using SwiftKey so not sure I'll be changing. I'll keep this in mind though if I find I'm really missing not having shortcuts.

In my android 4.whatever on an SGSII it is under Settings>language and input>samsung keyboard (gear)>predictive text (it's got a slidebar so it isn't intuitive that it's a whole new menu)>auto-substitution

I realize you posted this 6 months ago, but I knew I'd seen it before and it took me some time trying to find it. Figured this might help some other people if not you directly.