1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Network Disabled, Poor Connection problem / obtaining IP address problem

Hello, my Galaxy Note 2 for the past week or so refuses to connect to any router, tried to put in the static IP and forget the network, restart the network and reboot my phone but nothing seems to be working, also tried to dial *#0011# and change the power save to off but that doesn't work either, any other tips other than having to take it to samsung? Thanks

Smile Re: Network Disabled, Poor Connection problem / obtaining IP address problem

Hi, I also having the same problem for the last few months, but i finally found a solution for it. first i'll tell what is the problem & how it happen to you galaxy phone.
    whenever happen to this wifi issue is when u have updated the firmware of the phone original version 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 jelly bean, the update will cause ur phone wifi connect go crazy, and
    this only happen to some of galaxy phone not all the galaxy phone. nothing going to help even u reset to the factory, bcoz the firmware of ur phone is already updated to 4.1.2 jelly bean. in this state
    nothing u can do to solve the wifi problem, bcoz the core of the wifi processes has already been modified.

the only solution for the wifi is using the third party app to support the wifi chip in the galaxy phone. in order to do that, first u must go to the Play Store and then goto the Search for
    wifi connector library make from farproc. download & install the app, then the app will automatically run as a background process, once is done, now u should be able to connect to any wifi hotspot

i hope the above solution will help u.

Default Re: Network Disabled, Poor Connection problem / obtaining IP address problem

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick Tew Chun Sin View Post
    Hi, I also having the same problem for the last few months, but i finally found a solution for it. first i'll tell what is the problem & how it happen to you galaxy phone.
    whenever happen to this wifi issue is when u have updated the firmware of the phone original version 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 jelly bean, the update will cause ur phone wifi connect go crazy, and
    this only happen to some of galaxy phone not all the galaxy phone. nothing going to help even u reset to the factory, bcoz the firmware of ur phone is already updated to 4.1.2 jelly bean. in this state
    nothing u can do to solve the wifi problem, bcoz the core of the wifi processes has already been modified.

the only solution for the wifi is using the third party app to support the wifi chip in the galaxy phone. in order to do that, first u must go to the Play Store and then goto the Search for
    wifi connector library make from farproc. download & install the app, then the app will automatically run as a background process, once is done, now u should be able to connect to any wifi hotspot

i hope the above solution will help u.
    The odd thing is this isn't just a Note II issue. The RAZR HD did the same exact thing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Default Re: Network Disabled, Poor Connection problem / obtaining IP address problem

thanks for the tips for fixing my wifi. Wifi analyzer with the wifi connector library did the trick. Now using 4.1.2 successfully with my note 2 and connecting to wifi with no issues!

Previously I had to downgrade to 4.1.1 to get it to work.

Hi ! Derrick , I installed the Wifi connector library from fraproc, bt still it isnt working..Plz help...i bought it yesterday and did and update..

Exclamation Re: Network Disabled, Poor Connection problem / obtaining IP address problem

I have a Samsung Galaxay tab 2 10.1. I downloaded it from the Google Play site, how do I get it on the tablet itself? The tablet still isn't working.

Install cyanogenmod 10.1 and everything will work. (google how to get it)
    I installed it today and now my network is fully working

Problem conmecting to wifi network " obtaining IP address"

can any body help me plezz..i bought samsung galaxy note 2 nd i m facing the problem of wifi...sometimes it shows the obtaining ip address..nd does not connect...i need a help

hello.. did u find any solution of wifi problem because i m also facing wifi problem with note 2..plezzz help me in this

Thumbs down 8105889009 Re: Network Disabled, Poor Connection problem / obtaining IP address problem

Droid razr
    I reset my DSL router (paper clip method) and my net gear router WGR614.v10, to factory settings. then checked my internet settings on PC, I cleared my phone cache. droid RAZR. So far WiFi is working good.