Note 2 really heats up especially around the top half of the screen!! like REALLY HOT

bloodyfeelin

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my GN2 heats up when i'm using it, especially outdoors and while using data. It gets really hot until almost the mid 50s degrees celsius. (seen through android tuner free) i'm kind of scared that it could cause damage to the phone! thanks for any help!! PS I live in Singapore, where outdoor temperatures can get to almost 38 degrees celcius

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty hot where you are. How does it act when you are in a climate control environment,, like air conditioning?

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't heat up that much unless it's actively using the data connection (like uploading a heavy video on 3G). 50?C sounds about normal for CPU temp in outdoors and high activity which is what your app measures, not necessarily how hot your phone gets. HOWEVER, it is bordering on the highest temp, you might want to check the temp when it's in a controlled environment like zmann suggests. If it gets to that temp even when you're in a cool room, you could try the ever-feared factory restore (just in case something went haywire with your kernel) or maybe even a hardware problem...

bloodyfeelin

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't heat up that much unless it's actively using the data connection (like uploading a heavy video on 3G). 50?C sounds about normal for CPU temp in outdoors and high activity which is what your app measures, not necessarily how hot your phone gets. HOWEVER, it is bordering on the highest temp, you might want to check the temp when it's in a controlled environment like zmann suggests. If it gets to that temp even when you're in a cool room, you could try the ever-feared factory restore (just in case something went haywire with your kernel) or maybe even a hardware problem...

Oh I see. But after searches online, many people who said they experienced heating up said that it was around 45 degrees, so I was worried that it was some sort of factory defect. If it doesn't heat up so much while indoors then it should be normal and just credited to the climate I live in right?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh I see. But after searches online, many people who said they experienced heating up said that it was around 45 degrees, so I was worried that it was some sort of factory defect. If it doesn't heat up so much while indoors then it should be normal and just credited to the climate I live in right?

I would think so. If in normal climate it stays at normal temps I would not worry.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi, my GN2 heats up when i'm using it, especially outdoors and while using data. It gets really hot until almost the mid 50s degrees celsius. (seen through android tuner free) i'm kind of scared that it could cause damage to the phone! thanks for any help!! PS I live in Singapore, where outdoor temperatures can get to almost 38 degrees celcius

Do you leave your GPS toggle on ?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My gps is always on and phone never heats up.

If an app is searching for location constantly then it will. I was not implying simply being toggled does anything

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
If an app is searching for location constantly then it will. I was not implying simply being toggled does anything

This is the truth. Only time my phone ever becomes warm to the touch is when I have GPS enabled and an app starts using it, like Maps/Navigation or Dailyroads Voyager.

Also, 55* Celsius is not good. I am a computer tech who's been building his own PC's since the late 90's and anything above 50*C is really bad for any chip. Some chips are more tolerable for this high of temps, but really something in a cellphone getting that hot is unacceptable. I'd be very careful about what you do outside in the heat, GPS should be a no no unless you're in an air conditioned car.

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey even I do have the same problem, my note2 gets heated while charging and also while using it.. it started so from when it fell on to ground from a 5 feet height!!! No much applications r running... what could be the reason for over heating. How I save my note2?? I couldn't put it at my ear bcoz of that...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon