1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Note 2 automaticlally turning on WIFI again and again

Hello,
    I got a new Samsung Galaxy Note 2 yesterday. And the most terrible feature is that its automatically turning on wifi and mobile data network again and again. I tried resetting the phone. I also read some threads here relating this problem. But there is no option like Connection Optimizer in my note 2.
    Please Help me out...

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 automaticlally turning on WIFI again and again

In the wifi menu, hit the menu capacitive button, then select advanced, and unchecke auto connect

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 automaticlally turning on WIFI again and again

I'm sorry but i cant find auto connect/Connection optimizer in advance menu... Please tell me what to do now.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    In the wifi menu, hit the menu capacitive button, then select advanced, and unchecke auto connect

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Finally i fixed this problem..
    It is due to Avast anti theft that were my system to turn on the internet.
    I just disabled that from Application manager

I did just that, turned off all auto settings for wifi, and it still tries to connect probably every 20 minutes or so. There is wifi where I work, but not good enough to connect to and the phone is constantly trying to connect. If there are other settings, please please share.