Problem, new update 4.1.2.

jrog28

May 28, 2010
Visit site
When pressing home button to turn on screen the task manager comes up as if you have double pressed. Anyone else experience this? Any fixes?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Sounds to me like you somehow reprogrammed your buttons. There is a youtube video by lucidmike that describes this and can show how to fix it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

thefiasco

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Pressing the home button to wake up the screen automatically takes you to task manager. It's pretty annoying, any fixes?

rinkesh621

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Same thing is happening to my T-mobile Galaxy Note 2 after the T-Mobile update for LTE from last week.

Hopefully this is easy fix, because I press home button more than power button to wake up my phone.

FIX ITTTTTT .. lol

cancel_out

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I already mentioned that I am having this problem, but since then both my mother and sister updated their phones and only one of them had the same problem. My mom's phone also wakes to recent apps, and since we both use Nova Launcher and my sister doesn't, I thought it might be the problem. I cleared defaults on Nova to get TouchWiz back, and that didn't seem to wake to recent apps, so then I cleared defaults on TouchWiz to set Nova to be the default again and so far my phone isn't waking to recent apps anymore.

Edit: And after turning my phone off for the night, it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Last edited:

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
It happens to me as well. Only if you use the Home button when the screen is already or if the screen hasn't been off for more then 30 seconds.

I hope T-Mobile does a hot fix for this or at least hurry's up with 4.2.2

ghostkilla1388

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Since I have been using a pattern lock on my phine I haven't ran into this again, but before when the screen went dim/dark I would hit the home button and it would go straight to task manager sometimes.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

mkanet

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problem, new update 4.1.2. - Bug Confirmed on at least two carriers... Tmobile/Sprint

It's quite unbelievable how widespread this problem is... yet there are so little posts on the Internet about this. I'm not sure how this bug got passed beta testing at Google when developing 4.1.2.

The problem is that it's not an easy topic to search on google; and, it only happens when people don't use the lockpattern. It looks like Google shipped out a Nexus factory ROM with a bug in it too all their vendors.. Tmobile, Sprint, etc.

I'm really hoping a software developers sees this thread; who might be able to at least offer a solution to people with rooted phones. I already posted on XDA-Developer forums; but their forums are so diversified that it's hard to make just one forum thread that most people can view.

It's not like I can revert to an older ROM either since 4.1.2 has LTE support. I can't select the newer 4.2.2 ROM either, or I lose wifi calling. So, I'm stuck... Really Lame.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary