Does the Note2 stream sound through the USB?

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I looked at and tried the Samsung DA-E570 dock and was pretty disappointed in it. I had to use the Earphone plug for it since I didn't have the Wireless Docking app installed and couldn't get a decent signal in the store to get it installed. I doubt the sound would have been better running it via BT. But, I was wondering if the USB plug that was on this was also used to channel sound through or if it was merely a point to recharge the phone while docked?

I've started thinking I could build a better setup for the same price or cheaper but I wanted to know if I just needed to get a 2A USB cord to create the plug for charging or if there is a pathway via the USB for sound.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth does not vary the bitrate for whatwver sound you are trying to play. The only benefit you will have with a usb plug is charging the dvice while playing.

Whatever bit rate the sound/music is recorded in determines the quality it play it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
OK. I know the new Samsung Docking stations are listed as being BT 3.0, would that be any better than the prior standard as far as sound quality? I'm shopping for BT audi boards now and am having a time trying to find one that's 3.0 compliant.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I looked at and tried the Samsung DA-E570 dock and was pretty disappointed in it. I had to use the Earphone plug for it since I didn't have the Wireless Docking app installed and couldn't get a decent signal in the store to get it installed. I doubt the sound would have been better running it via BT. But, I was wondering if the USB plug that was on this was also used to channel sound through or if it was merely a point to recharge the phone while docked?

I've started thinking I could build a better setup for the same price or cheaper but I wanted to know if I just needed to get a 2A USB cord to create the plug for charging or if there is a pathway via the USB for sound.
I have a set of USB speakers that I attach to my Note 2 via an OTG cable and the Note 2 powers the speakers and the sound is carried via the USB port. So the answer to the thread question is yes.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth is backwards compatible so you may be abke to find something past 3.0 and it should work. Gives you more options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a set of USB speakers that I attach to my Note 2 via an OTG cable and the Note 2 powers the speakers and the sound is carried via the USB port. So the answer to the thread question is yes.

Thank You.

Now I need to figure out how I would get the cable integrated into a sound board in a speaker enclosure. My thinking is to get a USB that would channel the sound to the speakers and also keep the phone charged. I'm thinking along the lines that the hard wire USB cable would give a better sound signal to the speakers than going through a BT connection. My worst case scenario would be to default to the headphone jack but I'd use it if the sound quality were better overall.

Just thoughts and ideas right now. nothing firm.