What is the closest thing to Apple's photo stream for android?

sterandroids

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
So i'm going on a business trip for a week for the first time with my GN2. Before, i used an iPhone 4 and all photos i took were photostreamed to my girlfriend's ipad. We didnt know how handy it was until i tried it last year on my business trip. Every picture i take would automatically get uploaded to the photo stream as soon as my phone reaches a wifi hotspot. This is convenient as opposed to let's say facebook or instagram where i have to manually upload it for her to see. So my question is if there's a feature or a 3rd party app on the note 2 (that's also available for ipad i guess) that when i take pictures it can automatically upload itself for others to view?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So i'm going on a business trip for a week for the first time with my GN2. Before, i used an iPhone 4 and all photos i took were photostreamed to my girlfriend's ipad. We didnt know how handy it was until i tried it last year on my business trip. Every picture i take would automatically get uploaded to the photo stream as soon as my phone reaches a wifi hotspot. This is convenient as opposed to let's say facebook or instagram where i have to manually upload it for her to see. So my question is if there's a feature or a 3rd party app on the note 2 (that's also available for ipad i guess) that when i take pictures it can automatically upload itself for others to view?

I don't know what photostream is but I think you can use photo bucket or you can use your google linked picasa account. Pretty sure apple has a photobucket app at least

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for dropbox. The pics will upload as soon as you take them or you can set it to wait until you hit wifi.
If your GF has a dropbox account you can share a folder with her so that she'll see them as if they were local to her system.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

sorry, this is probably going to be another workaround for you. as droidxcon pointed out, picasa will come close to photostream functionality but there's still a manual operation to it. but beware, do a search for picasa on here and you'll see that it has the possibility of really slowing down your phone the more pictures you get into the "stream." photo stream is another thing apple does well because of its integration. you won't find a seamless equivalent on android.

Vincent Lawrence

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
None of these answered the question. Yes all the apps mentioned upload to a cloud, but with icloud, when you take a picture with your phone, it is uploaded to icloud and automatically downloaded to the computer. I dont believe any of the apps mentioned above automatically download the photos to the computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463