Samsung Galaxy Note 2 won't charge?

DesElms

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Wont charge?

I'm sorry, but that thread's first two posts -- by that thread's starter (aka, its "original poster" or "OP") -- are just ridiculously wrong and misleading.

I have, however, added a third post to that thread which sets straight the record; and provides any Samsung Galaxy famly phone user -- particularly a Note II user -- with pretty much everything s/he needs to know about this subject.

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

To avoid this, I bought a receiver pad for my note 2 battery, and a Nokia charging plate. Plate cost me $22.00 at local AT&T store. The QI receiver for the battery cost $6.99 from Amazon. Took less than a minute to install and have been enjoying cord free charging for over a month now. I have had this issue on several phones, HTC, Samsung and LG. The port you connect the cable to on the phone is fragile. Hope everyone get's there charging issues figured out.

Stewart grainger

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

hi i got same problem with mine i got mine <deleted> today they say its not covered by warranty so its going to cost ?45 i think its a joke they said its my fault the damage

Last edited by a moderator:

Joell Love

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

My Note 2 will not charge either. Tried cleaning USB port...nada. When I first plug it in the charging battery pops up for a second while the loading icon does not spin. Anyone have any ideas. :)

Souchi

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

I've seen this thread and I am new here so not sure how things work but I'll try to figure things out. Well I have a Note 2 GT-N7102. My battery is currently charging but its at a standstill since over night. I take the charger out and it actually gets lower. It hasn't been an issue before till today. I switched cables and tried changing the battery to a full 100% one and it still shows up at 58% and its telling me that ive been 17 hours on the battery when ita been charging. Any ideas on what may be the problem?? :( please and thank you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I've seen this thread and I am new here so not sure how things work but I'll try to figure things out. Well I have a Note 2 GT-N7102. My battery is currently charging but its at a standstill since over night. I take the charger out and it actually gets lower. It hasn't been an issue before till today. I switched cables and tried changing the battery to a full 100% one and it still shows up at 58% and its telling me that ive been 17 hours on the battery when ita been charging. Any ideas on what may be the problem?? :( please and thank you.

Welcome to the forums. Have you tried a different cable?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Jeffery Lutge

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys sorry if in the wrong place. But my SGN2 has suddenly stopped charging. I only got the phone just over a month ago. I think it's the USB port as a couple of days after getting the phone I noticed sometimes it would stop charging like a loose connection but never really got round to getting it looked at as been really busy. I got the phone on contract from Phones 4 U and was wondering what I should do. Do I take it into the Phones 4 U store? am I still covered on a guarantee or w.e?

Thanks Guys

Reece

Look on the bottom your phone at the prongs for your charger slides in MIB Ben too far down because you try to put the charger in upside down what I had to do to fix my charger was in them back up and slide the charger in down so that the Chargers with slide into the charger

Posted via Android Central App

Souchi

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that has happened before, but the top side of the charger port is broken but i still manage to charge the phone and the battery will be off and charging overnight and i will turn it on remove the charger cable and tells me that my batter is dying still. So is it the battery that wont hold the issue or do i need to fix the charger manually by changing the board? I had restarted the phone to see if it may have been an app that drains it but it still does that.

Juan Serafin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

I work a bit with PCB boards and stuff of that nature. I had this same issue with my Verizon Note II. It wouldn't charge when connecting the microUSB, I opened up the phone and found that the phone has it's own modular charging board that has the microUSB port and mic on it. With a magnifying glass I did find small imperfections on the solder joints but they were to small to fix. Usually this is from either water or shock damage, simply dropping your phone at the right angle can cause this issue. An old trick in the field is to bake your components..

I preheated the oven to 350 and placed the board on a tray and baked for 5 minutes.
(This will resolidify the solder and fix any imperfections)

I reinstalled the board and viola! works 100% again. Hope this helps anyone daring to try, just remember, you void any warranty by opening it up so only do it if it's your last resort.

Here's a pic of board that needs to be heated or replaced:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SAMSUNG-GALA...Ml/$(KGrHqFHJB8FGs6L6sEQBRwiMk51+g~~60_57.JPG

I just wanted to say, THANK YOU! You are awesome and have provided an easy fix to my problem. For some reason my phone would not charge at all, I tried everything else suggested on this thread to no success. My last resort was to start baking away. I'm fairly inclined with the baking process for PC components, but never thought to give it a shot for my phone. I did and it worked. My phone is now charging and I don't have to worry about buying a new one. :)

Thank You so much!!!!
-Juan

MinkShenanigans

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Looking on this, I couldn't find a fix to my issue, I originally had my phone simply stop charging, then after buying a QI charger, I discovered that to also not charge the phone. I bought a new battery to see if that was the problem, which I once again found it not to be. The new battery had some charge already in, meaning the phone could turn on, but it still could not charge, does anyone know a fix for this?

KING_ERBZZ

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

THIS WORKED!!! but i still have to wrap my cord around the phone to hold the charge. but i dont care it charges now. thanks

GuccizBud

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Holy **** this actually worked, haha!

Two things though … one, I suggest a more even way of squeezing the connector than with your teeth—you're better off with something like a pair of locking pliers*, they work like a vise in the sense the two sides remain parallel as they come together (unlike regular pliers) but are handheld of course … and two, no matter what method you use, DO NOT OVERSQUEEZE like I did (lol), start small, test, squeeze some more if you need to, etc. If you clamp down too hard the opening will get too tight and it won't connect … and that isn't even the problem, the real problem is there are pretty fair odds you'll permanently **** up the cable TRYING TO SEPARATE them again. Again, LOL, but NO, that didn't happen, I was careful and I got lucky, and it fits nice and tight now, and works. But unless you feel the amount of stress you had today was inadequate and you're disappointed and are looking for ways to make up for it, don't oversqueeze. :)

* If you don't know what this is I uploaded a pic to my Dropbox here http[://]bit.ly/1uHpwFN … just remove the pair of square brackets after "http" first ( my apologies to board admin… no harm done! ).

Last edited:

AlmightyMartin

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

My Note 2 will not charge either. Tried cleaning USB port...nada. When I first plug it in the charging battery pops up for a second while the loading icon does not spin. Anyone have any ideas. :)

I hope so! mine is doing the same exact thing. But about 3-4 hrs after it has been off it will charge again.

MSUICEMAN

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
just paid a local shop to replace the usb port/board. now it charges fine, but the phone doesn't connect to a voice/SMS network. the wifi and data work fine though, go figure. I'm guessing they missed reconnected an antenna or something, any ideas (you guys know more than myself)?