Notification toggle for airplane mode?

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Having used iOS with Cydia tweaks in the past, I miss the notification toggle for Airplane mode on my Note II. Is this just something we have to live with, or is there any workaround? I stumbled upon this:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...velin.notificationToggle&hl=en&token=1fxx2ycE
but I presume that's not relevant for the devices that already have notification center built in.

Yes, I know long press on ON/OFF/Standby button opens a menu with Airplane mode toggle, but that's not as convenient as the notification center toggles. :)
(I fail to see the logic behind this... For instance, Mobile Data toggle is available on both sides.)

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have it in my notifications, but you have to drag it to the left to see it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings - Display - Notification Panel and you can add it.

If I had it there, I would have added it already. :)
Above (toggles that are added): Sounds, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Mobile data, Screen rotation, Power saving, Blocking mode
Below (toggles that are available, but not added): S Beam, NFC, Driving mode, Smart stay, Sync, AllShare Cast, Multi window

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
If I had it there, I would have added it already. :)
Above (toggles that are added): Sounds, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Mobile data, Screen rotation, Power saving, Blocking mode
Below (toggles that are available, but not added): S Beam, NFC, Driving mode, Smart stay, Sync, AllShare Cast, Multi window

Have you gotten the 4.1.2 update yet?

SumthinNew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm also running the stock JB 4.1.2 and cannot find the option to add airplane mode into my notification toggles?
I'm on the Rogers network and it appears they didn't care to add this feature!

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This might be a stupid question.... what is the defences between airplane mode vs block mode?

I never had a reason to use either mode....lol

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Airplane mode shuts data off completely. Blocking iirc just shuts off incoming calls and what not...

se2e9ajy.jpg

I've had the option since before 4.1.2 was born...

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I use Block mode. I have it set so no calls or notifications happen during the hours I'm usually sleeping. Blocking mode permits you to select certain Contacts to ring during those times. I have family and next door neighbors unblocked.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
For one I have att so I have airplane mode in my notification pane. Two there are plenty of toggle widgets that you can use to add it to your home screen for faster access, and three why do you need to constantly get at airplane mode?

Sent from my Note 2

Jennifer Gottfried

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Blocking mode only blocks incoming calls and texts, such as for teen drivers who might be distracted. Airplane mode is for folks like me who live in the foothills where service is sketchy. It nlocks your phone from constantly searching for service (towers) and thus significantly increases your battery life. I commute 2 hours each way, part driving on a windy canyon road, part on a commuter bus. In airplane mode I can play games, set calendar events, etc, just not use web text or make phone calls. If I don't use airplane mode my battery is shot by the end of the day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87