Sudden battery drain Note 2

Jbairdjr

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
The last week or so, when waking up, I cannot get my phone to download our Exchange mail. I have to reboot to get it to reconnect.
Also, I have noticed battery going down too quickly. Exchange is killing my battery.

Any idea why?
Verizon galaxy Note 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364841020603.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364841020603.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 154

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure if your probkem is the same as others but there have been many forum posts about this issue lately. It might be easier to do a search and see if this problems has been fixed for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try setting your Exchange account to fetch for e-mail every hour instead of Push (I'm assuming you're using this option... if not, YOU SHOULD!). If that decreases your impact, then there's something wrong with your account/server. I'd delete the account and re-add it if that happens.

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Seeing the same thing

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365029643786.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365029643786.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 98

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
BTW, did you notice that both of you have Location Services constantly polling your location? Do you have GPS/Google Now constantly ON?

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
We have about the same amount of battery but I have EVERYTHING on except for bluetooth. Not too bad, huh?

Attachments

• 11 hrs.png
    11 hrs.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 81

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue but it's due to Map's I have to restart my Phone everyday and unplug it as soon as the screen comes on and say's fully charged. If I don't Maps end's up running in the backround non stop even if I have never even opened the app.

I've been dealing with this issue since I got 4.1.2 and I'm really getting sick of it.

I love Google Now and it work's great and so does map's until the next time I charge the phone...

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have this issue but it's due to Map's I have to restart my Phone everyday and unplug it as soon as the screen comes on and say's fully charged. If I don't Maps end's up running in the backround non stop even if I have never even opened the app.

I've been dealing with this issue since I got 4.1.2 and I'm really getting sick of it.

I love Google Now and it work's great and so does map's until the next time I charge the phone...

I'm going to try this tomorrow, but I won't be able to take it off the charger as soon as the notice comes up to say it's fully charged. I'll be asleep :)

I loaded the app Wakelock Detector from uZum Apps. It showed with 6 hrs + 52 mins on battery, Maps had used 11 m. 11 minutes? I didn't note it, but I was down to about 40% battery at noon. As suggested, I went into Settings, Location Services and turned off GPS and Location and Google search (kept wireless network On). The next day Wakelock showed, 11 hrs + 28 m and Maps using 40 seconds. This is better, but I'd like to have GPS and Location services turned on.

Onemoa, if a restart is a work around, I'll be okay with that for now. Thank you for posting. Also, have you played with the setting in Google Maps> Settings> Location settings? That will be my next area.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes I've played with, checked un checked, turned off and un installed, allot!

And yes the only way I can get maps to not rise to the top of the battery list is to power down, start up Note 2 before I charge it. I also don't know if I really need to take it off as soon as it's done charging. It's just what has been working for me. But last night I didn't take it off the charger right away (but I believe there is a time frame) and maps didn't freak out. However I do need to reboot my Note 2 before I charge it, that is a definite.

I really have noticed longer battery life by doing this every night. It only drops a few percent, maybe 5-6% and like I said, I'm able to use maps and it goes right back down to 2-3% after using maps to navigate or just play with it for street view. So this is a definite work around, at least for me.

I also know what you mean about wanting to keep you're settings on. I've been told to turn off gps (that didn't work) I've also been told to turn off location service's and whatnot. I didn't buy this phone to mess with all that. I like to be able to grab my phone and use it. I love Google Now and I did love maps. But with the current issue I'm having with map's, I'm not loving the app nearly as much as I used to.

PM me or just post back here and let me know how it goes for you.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Nur Ashikin Idris

May 21, 2013
Visit site
hi. how do u use your phone tht can make your android system just 2% . mine is 30% .
my phone , i got 7% battery left after discharged it for 17 hours. it didnt even last 24 hours. i hope i can make my phone last for 2 days. is it impossible? can u help. thanks :)

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes I've played with, checked un checked, turned off and un installed, allot!

And yes the only way I can get maps to not rise to the top of the battery list is to power down, start up Note 2 before I charge it. I also don't know if I really need to take it off as soon as it's done charging. It's just what has been working for me. But last night I didn't take it off the charger right away (but I believe there is a time frame) and maps didn't freak out. However I do need to reboot my Note 2 before I charge it, that is a definite.

I really have noticed longer battery life by doing this every night. It only drops a few percent, maybe 5-6% and like I said, I'm able to use maps and it goes right back down to 2-3% after using maps to navigate or just play with it for street view. So this is a definite work around, at least for me.

I also know what you mean about wanting to keep you're settings on. I've been told to turn off gps (that didn't work) I've also been told to turn off location service's and whatnot. I didn't buy this phone to mess with all that. I like to be able to grab my phone and use it. I love Google Now and I did love maps. But with the current issue I'm having with map's, I'm not loving the app nearly as much as I used to.

PM me or just post back here and let me know how it goes for you.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Wow I thought I was the only one having the Map draining battery problem. Here is how I solved it. I tried all that you have tried and still Map app will show up on one of the top 3 battery most used apps. I finally figured out it was the prefetch tiles on Wifi that is draining the battery. On the new Google Map app, there is no way to turn it off. If you go to Map settings and "Offline and cache", you only have 2 options which are 1) Wifi Only, 2) Wifi and Mobile. Neither one is good. I have it set to 1 but since I never turn off my Wifi, it still tried to use the Map app. So I went into application manager and uninstall update to Google Map and went back to the original version of Google map. Now there is an option "automatic caching while CHARGING and using Wifi only". Now my Map app does not show up in battery usage at all!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Ive found that there are 2 apps that have settings for location settings that drain battery. One is the setting in the settings app but the other app is a google preinstalled app. I think its the google settings app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Google maps is fixed and has been for a bit now. Google play services is the new thing that is now my main battery drain.

It seems if it's not one things it's another. Google play service runs up above Android OS, ect.
Anyone else have this issue with Google play service? It seems it started ever since the last Google I/O event. When Google announced they would be taking control over there OS again, ect...

Anyway please let me know if anyone has this issue as well. I notice it the most when I charge my Note 2 before I go to bed and wake up in the morning and check my battery usage. I'll check back here in a while, please let me know.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Raja Shekar Reddy

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Nice to hear all the good stuff from u.
I had got a new note 2.every th8ng with it is easy and comfortable.
But the thing in my mobile is that it charges for 12 hrs to get the battery full..itz aching me..this gonne be a very big problem with my mobile.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to hear all the good stuff from u.
I had got a new note 2.every th8ng with it is easy and comfortable.
But the thing in my mobile is that it charges for 12 hrs to get the battery full..itz aching me..this gonne be a very big problem with my mobile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan