Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Default Sudden battery drain Note 2

The last week or so, when waking up, I cannot get my phone to download our Exchange mail. I have to reboot to get it to reconnect.
    Also, I have noticed battery going down too quickly. Exchange is killing my battery.

Any idea why?
    Verizon galaxy Note 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sudden battery drain Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1364841020603.jpg  

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Default Re: Sudden battery drain Note 2

Im not sure if your probkem is the same as others but there have been many forum posts about this issue lately. It might be easier to do a search and see if this problems has been fixed for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

I have searched, but nonsolutions that I could find.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Try setting your Exchange account to fetch for e-mail every hour instead of Push (I'm assuming you're using this option... if not, YOU SHOULD!). If that decreases your impact, then there's something wrong with your account/server. I'd delete the account and re-add it if that happens.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Seeing the same thing

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sudden battery drain Note 2-uploadfromtaptalk1365029643786.jpg  

BTW, did you notice that both of you have Location Services constantly polling your location? Do you have GPS/Google Now constantly ON?

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My location is turned off

ROM
    Stock

We have about the same amount of battery but I have EVERYTHING on except for bluetooth. Not too bad, huh?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sudden battery drain Note 2-11-hrs.png  

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Damn your battery life is way better

Thanked by:
    Droid_Evo_8 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Roustermiller View Post
    Damn your battery life is way better

Thanx

I have this issue but it's due to Map's I have to restart my Phone everyday and unplug it as soon as the screen comes on and say's fully charged. If I don't Maps end's up running in the backround non stop even if I have never even opened the app.

I've been dealing with this issue since I got 4.1.2 and I'm really getting sick of it.

I love Google Now and it work's great and so does map's until the next time I charge the phone...

Quote Originally Posted by Onemoa View Post
    I have this issue but it's due to Map's I have to restart my Phone everyday and unplug it as soon as the screen comes on and say's fully charged. If I don't Maps end's up running in the backround non stop even if I have never even opened the app.

I've been dealing with this issue since I got 4.1.2 and I'm really getting sick of it.

I love Google Now and it work's great and so does map's until the next time I charge the phone...
    I'm going to try this tomorrow, but I won't be able to take it off the charger as soon as the notice comes up to say it's fully charged. I'll be asleep

I loaded the app Wakelock Detector from uZum Apps. It showed with 6 hrs + 52 mins on battery, Maps had used 11 m. 11 minutes? I didn't note it, but I was down to about 40% battery at noon. As suggested, I went into Settings, Location Services and turned off GPS and Location and Google search (kept wireless network On). The next day Wakelock showed, 11 hrs + 28 m and Maps using 40 seconds. This is better, but I'd like to have GPS and Location services turned on.

Onemoa, if a restart is a work around, I'll be okay with that for now. Thank you for posting. Also, have you played with the setting in Google Maps> Settings> Location settings? That will be my next area.
    Note 4 or Nexus 6 (soon)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5"
    Chromecast
    Vizio Co-Star
    Thanked by:
    Onemoa 

Yes I've played with, checked un checked, turned off and un installed, allot!

And yes the only way I can get maps to not rise to the top of the battery list is to power down, start up Note 2 before I charge it. I also don't know if I really need to take it off as soon as it's done charging. It's just what has been working for me. But last night I didn't take it off the charger right away (but I believe there is a time frame) and maps didn't freak out. However I do need to reboot my Note 2 before I charge it, that is a definite.

I really have noticed longer battery life by doing this every night. It only drops a few percent, maybe 5-6% and like I said, I'm able to use maps and it goes right back down to 2-3% after using maps to navigate or just play with it for street view. So this is a definite work around, at least for me.

I also know what you mean about wanting to keep you're settings on. I've been told to turn off gps (that didn't work) I've also been told to turn off location service's and whatnot. I didn't buy this phone to mess with all that. I like to be able to grab my phone and use it. I love Google Now and I did love maps. But with the current issue I'm having with map's, I'm not loving the app nearly as much as I used to.

PM me or just post back here and let me know how it goes for you.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

hi. how do u use your phone tht can make your android system just 2% . mine is 30% .
    my phone , i got 7% battery left after discharged it for 17 hours. it didnt even last 24 hours. i hope i can make my phone last for 2 days. is it impossible? can u help. thanks

Yes I've played with, checked un checked, turned off and un installed, allot!

And yes the only way I can get maps to not rise to the top of the battery list is to power down, start up Note 2 before I charge it. I also don't know if I really need to take it off as soon as it's done charging. It's just what has been working for me. But last night I didn't take it off the charger right away (but I believe there is a time frame) and maps didn't freak out. However I do need to reboot my Note 2 before I charge it, that is a definite.

I really have noticed longer battery life by doing this every night. It only drops a few percent, maybe 5-6% and like I said, I'm able to use maps and it goes right back down to 2-3% after using maps to navigate or just play with it for street view. So this is a definite work around, at least for me.

I also know what you mean about wanting to keep you're settings on. I've been told to turn off gps (that didn't work) I've also been told to turn off location service's and whatnot. I didn't buy this phone to mess with all that. I like to be able to grab my phone and use it. I love Google Now and I did love maps. But with the current issue I'm having with map's, I'm not loving the app nearly as much as I used to.

PM me or just post back here and let me know how it goes for you.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Wow I thought I was the only one having the Map draining battery problem. Here is how I solved it. I tried all that you have tried and still Map app will show up on one of the top 3 battery most used apps. I finally figured out it was the prefetch tiles on Wifi that is draining the battery. On the new Google Map app, there is no way to turn it off. If you go to Map settings and "Offline and cache", you only have 2 options which are 1) Wifi Only, 2) Wifi and Mobile. Neither one is good. I have it set to 1 but since I never turn off my Wifi, it still tried to use the Map app. So I went into application manager and uninstall update to Google Map and went back to the original version of Google map. Now there is an option "automatic caching while CHARGING and using Wifi only". Now my Map app does not show up in battery usage at all!

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Ive found that there are 2 apps that have settings for location settings that drain battery. One is the setting in the settings app but the other app is a google preinstalled app. I think its the google settings app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Google maps is fixed and has been for a bit now. Google play services is the new thing that is now my main battery drain.

It seems if it's not one things it's another. Google play service runs up above Android OS, ect.
    Anyone else have this issue with Google play service? It seems it started ever since the last Google I/O event. When Google announced they would be taking control over there OS again, ect...

Anyway please let me know if anyone has this issue as well. I notice it the most when I charge my Note 2 before I go to bed and wake up in the morning and check my battery usage. I'll check back here in a while, please let me know.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

what could possibly be draining my battery?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvette429 View Post
    what could possibly be draining my battery?
    Need more information than that mate.
    Read through the thread and see if any of the tips help.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Nice to hear all the good stuff from u.
    I had got a new note 2.every th8ng with it is easy and comfortable.
    But the thing in my mobile is that it charges for 12 hrs to get the battery full..itz aching me..this gonne be a very big problem with my mobile.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice to hear all the good stuff from u.
    I had got a new note 2.every th8ng with it is easy and comfortable.
    But the thing in my mobile is that it charges for 12 hrs to get the battery full..itz aching me..this gonne be a very big problem with my mobile.

12 hours? I get a full charge in less then 3 hours.

What do you mean by my mobile? You talking about you're car? Even in the car I get a fast charge.

Please explain..

Anyone else have this issue with Google play service? It seems it started ever since the last Google I/O event. When Google announced they would be taking control over there OS again, ect...
    My Google play doesn't always cause issues, but it definitely does cause them sometimes. I can't really figure out any pattern in its battery life disruption, though.

It seems that in you're Google sync settings, un checking sync contacts does seem to help a little.

Also if you do use Google Now, that's what drains allot of the battery. But rather then the battery list saying Google Now, it just says "Google Services" I do use Google Now but I don't have location history and automatically report from this device checked. That seems to help battery drain allot.

The reason is because when you turn Google Now on, it automatically checks those two things. That's why when you un check them in Google Map setting's. When you open Google Now it will ask you to turn on location history and if you touch that card that pops up it will turn on automatically report from this Device as well as check on, location history.

I just ignore that pop up and swipe it to the side. Doing that will stop it from coming back up for at least 24 hours.

I still do agree Google needs to fix this issue. Back in Android 4.1.1 I never had Google Services or Google Maps eat away my battery. In fact it never came up on my battery list at all. And I had location history on, ect.

So as I said Google needs to really work on optimizing Google Now and Google Maps. Though it doesn't seem they are worried about it as if they did care we would see updates to Google Now and Google Maps at least once every week or two. Along with updating Google play services.

I'll just continue to restart my Note 2 before I charge it and hope Google optimizes there software for better battery life.

Hey guys. This is a nice forum.
    So..my problem. Note 2...charging...at 93%...it says 23minutes on battery.
    Bugs me. How is that possible? It should be somewhere around 20hrs.
    Any solutions??

Download GSam Battery Monitor. It will tell you what you're main issue is. As in what's draining you're battery and why. Also check you're phones deep sleep with, A1 CPU Tool. It will tell you how long you're device is in deep sleep.

If you use allot of social apps, like Facebook, Yahoo and ChatOn. You're already going to lose more battery then the average user. Also be sure to go into Google settings and Un Check the things you don't need to sync. Contacts sync was a battery drain for me. Google+ can be. You just need to check out those apps. Charge you're Note 2 and let it sit overnight. Then check out what drained you're battery, what was waking you're device the most, ect. Let me know how it goes, good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast