Unable to use a non stock notification sound

Manuel La Bor

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Rooted, at&t cleanrom

Been trying to set my notification sound to a full mp3 using tone picker and even though tone picker will show the choice I've made, the stock picker shows "unknown" and the phone plays a random stock sound instead.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

alistairs

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Using My Files or your favorite file manager, copy the mp3 you want to use into the Notifications directory in internal storage. Then it will appear in the list of notification in Settings->Sound->Default Notifications.

Manuel La Bor

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Using My Files or your favorite file manager, copy the mp3 you want to use into the Notifications directory in internal storage. Then it will appear in the list of notification in Settings->Sound->Default Notifications.

Thanks for the reply.

Just tried it with the stock picker after moving the file and it doesn't show up under the notifications. Tried forcing it with tonepicker again after that but still no dice.

Not the end of the world if I can't change it, but I find it odd that I can have my ringtone as whatever but am stuck with all these meh notification sounds.

Edit: after digging around I've found the other notifications folder in the system directory, it has all the other tones in .ogg format. Problem is that I cannot paste my mp3 into that folder, file manager tells me that I am unable to write there.

Manuel La Bor

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
What App are you trying to set the Notification for?
Have you tried disabling the sound from the App itself & then letting LightFlow handle the sound for you?
LightFlow--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...geconsulting.android.lightflow&token=TyzjTUDq
That's what I do. I switch the sound, vibration & LED off from within the individual Apps themselves then let LightFlow control it for all of them.

Hmm that actually sounds like a great idea, I was just trying to set one general notification for everything but if that works for me I might just go nuts with a bunch of different ones.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon