Micro SD speed

AuKuswara

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a micro SD for my SGN2, thesedays the are class 6 class 10 and the new UHS-1, are all these compatible with the Galaxy Note 2? I'm having problem finding the detail technical info on its limits. Some said there really not much performance difference between class 6 and 10 when used in Galaxy Note 2.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a micro SD for my SGN2, thesedays the are class 6 class 10 and the new UHS-1, are all these compatible with the Galaxy Note 2? I'm having problem finding the detail technical info on its limits. Some said there really not much performance difference between class 6 and 10 when used in Galaxy Note 2.

You're almost certain not to notice any performance difference. Class speed refers to write speed -- class 6 at 6 MB/second, class 10 at 10 MB/second. Leaving aside copying files to the card, the only conceivable impact on a Note 2 of write speed would be for taking pictures and recording video. The camera's burst mode feature might operate with slightly more speed on a class 10 than on a class 6, but I sincerely doubt you would be able to tell the difference. You certainly wouldn't see any difference with recording video. And if you are using the SD card for music (i.e., reading from the card), 6 (or even 2) is as good as a 10.

In any event, the SanDisk 64GB class 10 card is only $55 at Amazon, so I don't know how much cheaper you go even with a class 6.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You may notice read speed issues with slower cards. For instance if you have an extensive picture gallery like mine with around 2000 photos in several folders you may notice a lag when viewing.

I have the 64gb uhs1 from sandisk. I think I got it for around $49 on amazon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781