New Note 2 owner with some questions

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Something I'm curious about too. .. How much exactly does poor reception affect the battery life?

I'm usually around 90dBm at home but sometimes go up to 100. Similar to the op in guessing.

Does this dramatically affect the battery?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
That seams rather low. After 8 hours and 1-2 hours of screen on time, I'm usually around 70-75%. However, battery life can vary based on what apps are installed, as well as how they are synced & how much battery juice they pull while running in the background.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

I'm calling bs. Post a screenshot where 8.5 hours of screen on time only uses a quarter of the battery.

Sent from my Note 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Something I'm curious about too. .. How much exactly does poor reception affect the battery life?

I'm usually around 90dBm at home but sometimes go up to 100. Similar to the op in guessing.

Does this dramatically affect the battery?

It affects every phone, not just the note 2 and not just android. The stronger and more consistent your signal is the better your battery life will be.

Sent from my Note 2

fade2black101

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
It affects every phone, not just the note 2 and not just android. The stronger and more consistent your signal is the better your battery life will be.

Sent from my Note 2

Yeah but I'm wondering how much of an affect it has. Is a "yellow" line for signal dramatically worse battery drain than a "green" line?

Ryan_Clark

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all!

Ive had my note 2 for about 5-6 days now and still getting use to it. I am coming from a 32gb iphone 4s and was kind of bummed out that you couldn't put apps on the micro sd card. But then again its not that big of a deal ill just put pictures and other media on there and hopefully 16gb is enough (I had a ton of apps that I used on my iphone for school and my blog etc)

I was wondering if my battery life for my note 2 is normal. At 8Am my phone was 87% (overnight had lost about 12%) and at 1pm it was at 17% and mind you I was only browsing on instagram on and off. My brightness is less than halfway. Im not too familiar with this phone but the reason why I got it was because of how the battery life was supposed to be amazing compared to the iphone and im finding its just about the same.

I downloaded GS battery app but not quite sure what im looking at lol.

Im getting kind of disappointed with it because its already midday and I have to charge it. My friend recommended I return it. And im sort of leaning on returning it but thought id ask you all uour opinioj and maybe see if I could find something in the settings that I could fix?

I dont want to put the brightness all the way down because then honestly itd be like what's the point of having a beast of a phone if I can't use it.

I do miss some simple features of my iphone and am really tempted to return this but I do like this phone.

Also is there an easier way to navigate around the text box for example in instagram when im writing something in the text box (when uploading a pic) and I want to scroll up to the first word to proof read or navigate to the end. I dont know if that makes sense lol.

Lastly I installed a font and its showing everywhere except on my keyboard and some other places (like in my news fees on instagram) am I missing something?

Thank you in advanced and I do apologize for my silly questions but id truly appreciate your opinion.

I get 24-30 hrs of battery life with heavy usage. Games / etc. Battery life is exceptionally great!

Galaxy Note 2.......

xbltheshadow

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm calling bs. Post a screenshot where 8.5 hours of screen on time only uses a quarter of the battery.

Sent from my Note 2

I'm pretty sure you read the post wrong. He said after having the phone on for 8 hours, with the screen on for about 1 or 2 hours, his battery is at about 75%. Not 8.5 screen on hours.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Note 2

No where in my post does it say anything about me getting 8 hours of screen on time. Please read thoroughly before screaming bs.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I guess in the grand scheme of things, I got through yesterday and still had half my battery left. I guess that's really good. Never did that with my bolt.

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm at 11 hrs and 48% now. I shut phone off when I go to bed and I shut it off for 2 hrs while I was at the movies yesterday. It hasn't been on charger since I took it off yesterday morning

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Im with you. At max I get 6 hours till battery dead. With very little use say 1-2 screen on time I can usually get 2 days between charges.

My ipad 2 gets 10 hours till dead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings > Accounts (Google) >
... Then select your Google account to edit.
Uncheck Sync settings you do not need.
Google seems to want to sync everything.
Also, go to the settings of your apps to see if they are trying to sync unnecessarily. I download a Twitter app once, and found out it was syncing every minute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks I did this with my google accounts.

how do i know what apps are syncing all the time? (like what screen do i go to?)

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

how do i know what apps are syncing all the time? (like what screen do i go to?)
Did you happen to find the guy on YouTube that does the "Galaxy note 2 tips and tricks of the day" videos? I think some of his videos would answer alot of the questions you've been asking.

Sent thru cyber space by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Lucidmike78 is the guys user name on YouTube. I'd post a link to his account but I'm having a problem doing it right now.

Sent thru cyber space by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I use the GSam Battery Monitor application. Within the app it has an icon that looks like a vacuum cleaner. Clicking on it will reveal what apps are sucking up your battery. It also reveals other useful information. Such as, how long an app is running in the background, number of wake locks, etc.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&token=RxumiNsJ

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm calling bs. Post a screenshot where he said he gets 8.5 hours screen on time and only uses a quarter of the battery.

Clearly I misread the original post, but since I quoted it it's easy to track this down and see where things went wrong. No smartass screenshots needed ;-)

I'm pretty sure you read the post wrong. He said after having the phone on for 8 hours, with the screen on for about 1 or 2 hours, his battery is at about 75%. Not 8.5 screen on hours.

Thanks for replying rationally. It's appreciated

No where in my post does it say anything about me getting 8 hours of screen on time. Please read thoroughly before screaming bs.

Pretty sure there was no screaming involved. I apologize for misreading your post. The reason I said post a screenshot is because these battery threads get out of hand quickly with people making wild claims of very good or very bad battery life and then they do nothing to support it (this happened in the evo lte camp). People like to describe their usage as heavy or light but it's all subjective and gets very misleading.

Sent from my Note 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I get 24-30 hrs of battery life with heavy usage. Games / etc. Battery life is exceptionally great!

Galaxy Note 2.......

Can you be a little more specific with your usage? Light usage for me is 24 - 30 hours, and heavy usage is more like 12 or less.

Sent from my Note 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo