good gaming controller? ?

kwyn

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good gaming controller for the Note 2. Mostly for Emulators like mame and nes etc

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I use the red samurai controller from Gamestop. It probably won't win any awards but it isn't to expensive and it has a "keyboard" mode that works great for mapping the buttons in emulators. Grips are comfortable and buttons responsive.

I haven't tested it to much on anything besides emus though

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to give the MOGA Pro controller a shot. Pre-ordered it from Amazon and it should arrive sometime next week.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
ezupuzat.jpg

I have this plugged into smart dock. Works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

kwyn

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I think I'm looking for something like that moga pro. Something that holds the phone too.

Hope it works well for mame and nes.

ecs180

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I think I'm looking for something like that moga pro. Something that holds the phone too.

Hope it works well for mame and nes.

if you look around online, i think the moga app searches the games on ur phone and lets u know if any additional ones are compatible with the controller. think modern warfare 4 and a few others are.

let us know what you think...im considering a bluetooth controller/hdmi to hdtv set up

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Smart dock is the best way to go if you want hdmi imo. Im using it now along with the above snes controller and super metroid. Works great. Not sure about other games though. If they support custom button configs then my $12 controller should he fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

kwyn

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Actually I picked up a moga.i like it except that I can't use the analog stick for mame. I downloaded a third party driver that let's me use it with mame but only in dpad mode. Ya have to root to use it in analog mode. I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with rooting

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got my MOGA Pro controller today and lovin' it. :)

So far I played Contra, Metroid, and Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES emulator and Street Fighter II, Donkey Kong Country 3, and NBA Jam on the SNES emulator. Every game played fine and the controls were very responsive.

The controller itself feels great in the hand. I actually expected it to be the same weight as the Xbox 360 controller, but it's much lighter.

I tried out the FPS game "Shadow Gun: Dead Zone" and I ended up playing that game for almost 2 hours! LOL! For a while there I thought I was playing on my Xbox 360. This controller definitely takes mobile gaming to another level for me.

I'll try out the MAME emulator next and see how that goes.

kwyn

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Just got my MOGA Pro controller today and lovin' it. :)

So far I played Contra, Metroid, and Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES emulator and Street Fighter II, Donkey Kong Country 3, and NBA Jam on the SNES emulator. Every game played fine and the controls were very responsive.

The controller itself feels great in the hand. I actually expected it to be the same weight as the Xbox 360 controller, but it's much lighter.

I tried out the FPS game "Shadow Gun: Dead Zone" and I ended up playing that game for almost 2 hours! LOL! For a while there I thought I was playing on my Xbox 360. This controller definitely takes mobile gaming to another level for me.

I'll try out the MAME emulator next and see how that goes.

Let me know if you can get analog control in mame without rooting

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Let me know if you can get analog control in mame without rooting

I played Bad Dudes, Rolling Thunder, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Shinobi, Double Dragon, Rygar, and Street Fighter II Championship Edition on the MAME emulator last night the analog stick worked fine on all the games. And I'm not rooted.

Which MAME emulator are you using? I'm using MAME4droid Reloaded.

My only problem with the MAME emulator is that not every game works. :p But I guess that's to be expected with MAME roms. At least most of my favorite arcade games works.

kwyn

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm using reloaded too. Try starwars, the old vector version. Analog doesnt work really. You move the stick and it jumps across the whole screen. Cant push just a little to make the crosshairs slightly move.

I think you need to be rooted with MOGA IME to get analog control. I dont want to root though

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have that ROM, but I can't seem to run it. I get that error message that says "The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game."

I get that message on a lot of my ROMs.

Just curious, do you have the switch at the bottom of your controller set to "B" (HID mode)? The controls wouldn't work or function correctly on my emulators if it's switched to "A" (Moga Pro mode). "A" is only good for those games listed in the Moga Pivot app.

kwyn

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I have that ROM, but I can't seem to run it. I get that error message that says "The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images. Please select a different game."

I get that message on a lot of my ROMs.

Just curious, do you have the switch at the bottom of your controller set to "B" (HID mode)? The controls wouldn't work or function correctly on my emulators if it's switched to "A" (Moga Pro mode). "A" is only good for those games listed in the Moga Pivot app.

I dont have that button

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer