Note 2 tweaks?

Mr Cookie

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

Just switched to the Android platform for the first time, with the Note 2 and have to say that so far I'm loving it. Another new cool feature is just around the corner with this phone.
The latest one I've found today and was really really impressed with was the Quick Glance as i'm pretty "button conscious" after coming from iphones.
That's why i want to ask if there is something like a tweak or hack or whatever that allows me to do a gesture that mimics the home button.
If i want to close all running apps to manage my battery i need to long press the home button, but would rather do a gesture instead if possible?

Anyone know of a way to do that? Basically im trying to minimize the use of the home button as much as i can.
Thank you.

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
There's an app called Tasker that I believe would do this for you. Also I'm sure some launchers could accomplish this with gestures as well (Nova, Apex, etc.)

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi mate,

That's why i want to ask if there is something like a tweak or hack or whatever that allows me to do a gesture that mimics the home button.
If i want to close all running apps to manage my battery i need to long press the home button, but would rather do a gesture instead if possible?

Anyone know of a way to do that? Basically im trying to minimize the use of the home button as much as i can.
Thank you.

Whether your rooted, or not will affect your choices but either way there are a couple of good options.
You can take a look at:
button saviour, Lmt launcher, pie control, swipepad, wave launcher, gmd gesture/spen control

Sent from my GT-N7100

Last edited:

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
There are rooted tweaks you can perform to generate a nexus style onscreen home button.
But is there any particular reason that apps are an issue

Sent from my GT-N7100

Last edited:

Mr Cookie

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh, i didn;t mean for it to sound like that. Whichever way is fine.
But i just read a "why you should root your android phone" and im more inclined to go that way now.

HypoDest

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh, i didn;t mean for it to sound like that. Whichever way is fine.
But i just read a "why you should root your android phone" and im more inclined to go that way now.

That's alright. These were both rooted and non-rooted options. Lmt launcher requires root, and has tons of pie menu and gesture customization options. It's also free and is available on xda. That might be the best place to start

Sent from my GT-N7100

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Just get nova launcher or apex launcher which is the one I have. It feels like a new phone all over again then. They have gesture features and you set them up for whatever you want. YouTube the launchers to see them

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Mr Cookie

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys, haven't had time yet but most likely will have a go at it tomorrow. Any particular guide/method i should be using as a newbie android user?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys, haven't had time yet but most likely will have a go at it tomorrow. Any particular guide/method i should be using as a newbie android user?

Best thing is find youtube vids for the different launchers. That what I did. If you really want to see what your phone is capable of do a search of coldfustions note 2 3dui. To me that vid is the pinnacle of what is currently available for your note 2 without root.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Mr Cookie

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I'll do that sir, thank you.
Can i just ask one more thing, i installed pie control and it's ok so far but how can i imitate the "home button long press" that takes me to the apps running?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'll do that sir, thank you.
Can i just ask one more thing, i installed pie control and it's ok so far but how can i imitate the "home button long press" that takes me to the apps running?

While in the settings of Pie Control, choose what level you would like to place the function. Select an open spot where you would like for it to go. When the menu pops up, choose Tools. That's where you can select the Home button function, notification shade, recent running apps Window, etc.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Mr Cookie

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
The "home button" function works just fine. But if you long press it, it brings up an app management utility where you can kill all running apps or just the ones you want.
And that is the action im trying to assign with pie control. Do you know of a way to do that?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The "home button" function works just fine. But if you long press it, it brings up an app management utility where you can kill all running apps or just the ones you want.
And that is the action im trying to assign with pie control. Do you know of a way to do that?

Pressing the Home button on my galaxy note brings up a screen that allows me to go to the Task Manager, Google Now, and Remove All running apps. I'm able to go to that same screen in Pie Control by choosing Task (located in the Tools section)

MistahCookie

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Thats the one, thank you!!

Another issue that occurred is I activated flight mode a few times yesterday to save battery since ' don't have signal on the floor i work but now the phone won't connect with my network anymore.
I rebooted the phone but didnt fix it. Tried putting it on automatic or select the carrier manually but doesn't connect
Any idea what I could do?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Thats the one, thank you!!

Another issue that occurred is I activated flight mode a few times yesterday to save battery since ' don't have signal on the floor i work but now the phone won't connect with my network anymore.
I rebooted the phone but didnt fix it. Tried putting it on automatic or select the carrier manually but doesn't connect
Any idea what I could do?

Settings > More Settings (wireless networks) > Mobile Networks > Mobile Data (make sure box is checked)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams