SD Card issues?

chincharito

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi people, really need help on this. I've modded my phone to recognize my microSD as internal memory. All was working fine and it's been a few months. Just today, the stock music and video app was unable to detect my audio/video files. I'm able to play them through file directory or other app like VLC. But when I tried to rename the files in file directory, it also showed "unable to rename". When connected to PC, they stated that the directory was write-protected. How do I resolve this? Many thanks!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You need to us a different file manager such as es file explorer. Go into the settings and tell it to mount android os partition as writable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

chincharito

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I did that and it didn't help.. I'm unable to edit my files in file explorer or on PC i.e. Rename, Delete the files... Does that mean I need to format..? Or is there a work-around?

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
It means the micro sd card is starting to go bad. Retrieve whatever data you can and get a new card.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
What is with this pre jan 2013 sandisk you guys talk about so much on here? I have sandisk from nov of 2012 and havent had any issues.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2010 SanDisk 32gb that I am still rocking.

To OP when micro sd card is recognized by pc as write protected it is almost certain your sd card is failing.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
What is with this pre jan 2013 sandisk you guys talk about so much on here? I have sandisk from nov of 2012 and havent had any issues.

just a preponderance of known issues on the forums. here's a quote from sandisk:

SanDisk has been made aware of potential product issues involving a very small percentage of its 32GB and 64GB SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSD cards. Under certain circumstances the cards may lock up and the card becomes inaccessible. The issue has been identified and a manufacturing fix has already been put in place. SanDisk stands behind its products and any customer who experiences this issue with the microSD cards cards is asked to contact the SanDisk support center for a resolution immediately.

this started on the S3 forum and some Note2 users have experienced this as well. here is the actual article:

SanDisk cops to malfunctioning Micro SDs in Galaxy S3s ? The Register

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12