Smart Keyboard voice to text issues on Note 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
For some strange reason the voice to text feature for the Smart Keyboard app is no longer working on my Note 2.
I tried it on my Nexus 7, and it works fine.
I uninstalled the app, then reinstalled it. Still can't get it to work. It constantly says "No matches found" when I try to use the voice to text feature.
Anyone else having this issue if you happen to have Smart Keyboard Pro installed on your Note 2?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Try a factory reset. Sounds like a glitch and resets are good at fixing issues.
Good luck!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Finally got it to work again.
I kept uninstalling and reinstalling it to no avail. I checked all of the voice recognition settings in language and input. Still no luck.
Decided to download the Trial version of Smart Keyboard and it worked. Removed the trial version and reinstalled the paid version, and it started working again.
During the time it wasn't performing as it should, it gave me a chance to check out SwiftKey. I rarely used SwiftKey, but after having some time to play around with it, I'm starting to like it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

SoCalCurlyQ

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Just talked with Verizon. The issue was my choice under Language and Input. Go to Settings, Language and Input, then look at what you have as the default. I had Swype, but he had me change it back to Samsung Keyboard. It still has Swype capabilities, but voice to text was successful for text messages. I like Swype better, but this is manageable as long as the voice to text works. Hope this helps you.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Just talked with Verizon. The issue was my choice under Language and Input. Go to Settings, Language and Input, then look at what you have as the default. I had Swype, but he had me change it back to Samsung Keyboard. It still has Swype capabilities, but voice to text was successful for text messages. I like Swype better, but this is manageable as long as the voice to text works. Hope this helps you.

The issue was with a 3rd party app called Smart Keyboard. At the time, voice to text was working fine with every keyboard except Smart Keyboard. I eventually got it to work after resetting my device.
I'm not sure if Smart Keyboard still have issues as of late, since I use SwiftKey and Google Keyboard as my daily drivers now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I used Swype as my keyboard since my Samsung Vibrant (the original Galaxy) I used it on my S2 as well. Then I got my Note 2. I used Swiftkey,Swype, the Samsung keyboard and it was great but then Google released there keyboard on the play store.

I've been using Google Keyboard ever since. It's by far the best keyboard I've ever used. It's fast, no lag, the predicted text is spot on, as well as the auto correction. It also seems when I use the voice typing it's more accurate. I also like how you can import to you're dictionary. The great part is it's only going to get better oh and it's free! You can't beat it...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta