galaxy note 2 charger disconnected !!

khanin pathak

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I have been using galaxy note 2 since November 2012.Earlier there was no problem .But now adays, my mobile charger is disconnected automatically with a tone although my charger and cable is ok. sometimes mobile shows message like" Dock is connected" for a second and charging gets disconnected.Then I brought it to my nearest samsung service center. They completely updated my mobile and the problem was solved.But after few days, i faced the same problem as soon as i downloaded some applications from play store and also i used PAN drive via cable.But my charger is working randomly at present.I do know what is the actual reason.is there any problem because of downloaded application?? Downloading was done via WiFi connection.So, Plz kindly give me a solution.thank you.

with reagards
khanin

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I just started having this problem also. I just noticed it yesterday 4/13. It had never done anything like that before.

I just posted about it too. http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/268354-charging-problems-acting-flaky-need-help.html

I'm going to buy a new part that replaces the charging port and see if that fixes the issue. Nobody else seems to be having the problem since we are the only two that seem to be posting about it. Keep me posted on what you find out and I'll do the same.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's not an isolated issue guys, but I'm afraid the answer is not pretty: it's your charging port. Samsung is known for having issues with their USB ports. My GSII failed, my friend's GSII's failed, a coworker's GSIII's failed, and my niece's Note 2 failed. They're especially prone to getting busted when wet but it's also prone to failing due to dust particles.

Before going to claim your warranty I'd first try to clean the port with a soft brush (a soft toothbrush would do the trick) and, if possible, an air burst (you know ,the ones with compressed, dry air in cans used to clean computers).

Some of the 'symptoms' of your port starting to fail is your phone 'magically' begin charging itself without actually being plugged in, having your phone enter Dock Mode for no reason, or (the most annoying IMHO) having S-Voice call out randomly for your inquiry.

vjvitatoe

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I had this same issue. Every time I plugged my phone into charge, the phone would instantly say "Dock is Connected" and then subsequently cease charging. Frustrating to say the least.

Solution: I got an old, clean, DRY tooth brush and lightly brushed the USB charge point for 15-30 seconds. I noticed a large clump of dust get dislodged and VIOLA! phone charging like usual.

In short, dust can DEFINITELY be the cause of this problem so take steps to clean out the charging port before taking more drastic measures.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I suppose there's a lot to be said for having the charging port on the side because I'd bet a lot of this is due to dust entering the port when one shoves the phone (charging port down, of course) into one's pocket. I remember some phones several years back coming with little semi-detachable plastic covers over their mini USB ports. Is there a Note 2 bumper case with such a thing for its micro USB port?

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I replied once in one of the other threads that I fixed my issue with what appeared to be a loose connection inside the case. I found and bought a new charging cable card for my phone and waited about a month for it to get shipped from overseas. When I disassembled the case, I discovered that the charging cable was actually loosely connected to the main board. I plugged it in and I've never had a problem with it since. I still have the replacement board and haven't used it. Check out YT and some of the other sites on how to take your Note2 apart and see if yours isn't in the same.

Murtaza Indorewala

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
The Same Problem Is Going On With Me.. Everytime I Connect Charger To My Note2 It Shows Battery Disconnected Pop up.. AnD My Phone Gets Restart By Itself 2-3 Times In A Day.. What To Do...?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome