Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jdub1981
  • 1 Post By JasW
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Default Just bought the note 8

I needed a tablet to replace my ipad 2. Hopefully this is it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    6,094 Global Posts

Default Re: Just bought the note 8

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    I needed a tablet to replace my ipad 2. Hopefully this is it

The way some people feel about the price, you might as well take a hundred dollar bill and light it on fire.

You don't feel that it overlaps with your N2? I ask because I want to get a new tab -- I have the 7" PlayBook, and I was thinking a 10" tab would complement the N2 better. That leads me to the Note 10.1, but the Note 8 being brand new is a big lure, despite the inflated price.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    The way some people feel about the price, you might as well take a hundred dollar bill and light it on fire.

You don't feel that it overlaps with your N2? I ask because I want to get a new tab -- I have the 7" PlayBook, and I was thinking a 10" tab would complement the N2 better. That leads me to the Note 10.1, but the Note 8 being brand new is a big lure, despite the inflated price.
    399.99 is a beat steep. I bought it at BB so after tax it was 429. However, since I am on a buisness trip and earn perdiem, I have barely been spending money at all. When I get back and file my voucher ill probably make a couple hundred extra dollars. Thats how I justify the cost.

I am going to be reviewing while using it. I have a new post started on the galaxy note 8 section of AC.

This came out today:

Originally Posted by JasW<br />
    The way some people feel about the price, you might as well take a hundred dollar bill and light it on fire. <br />
    <br />
    You don't feel that it overlaps with your N2? I ask because I want to get a new tab -- I have the 7&quot; PlayBook, and I was thinking a 10&quot; tab would complement the N2 better. That leads me to the Note 10.1, but the Note 8 being brand new is a big lure, despite the inflated price.
    <br />
    <br />
    399.99 is a beat steep. I bought it at BB so after tax it was 429. However, since I am on a buisness trip and earn perdiem, I have barely been spending money at all. When I get back and file my voucher ill probably make a couple hundred extra dollars. Thats how I justify the cost. <br />
    <br />
    I am going to be reviewing while using it. I have a new post started on the galaxy note 8 section of AC.<br />
    <br />
    I've bought a phone and some real expensive headphones using that same logic, ain't it great :-)

Sent from my Note 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I told my wife a few minutes ago and she was upset about my impulsive spending. However I told her she can have my ipad 2 and she was quite happy about that. I get what I want she get what she wants. Winwin

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2
    cdf3 and TheOtherBill like this.

Global Posts
    6,094 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
    This came out today:
    [ur!=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIpaAU2kZp8]Galaxy Note 8.0 Mini Review and Comparison - YouTube[/url]
    Hmm, I think the Note 10.1 may still be a better bet to pair with the N2. I don't like that protruding camera at all. Or lack of flash, although picture taking with a tab is always kind of clunky.
    donec likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Hmm, I think the Note 10.1 may still be a better bet to pair with the N2. I don't like that protruding camera at all. Or lack of flash, although picture taking with a tab is always kind of clunky.
    Not really gonna be an issue I think. As soon as a decent case comes out ill be getting one. Most likely the case will allow the protruding camera to sit flat and leave a nice even surface.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

I can't see myself walking around taking pictures with a tablet, but having a camera is a must. Especially if you have a tablet with S-Pen functionality.
    Scanning a document with the camera along with a scanning app. Then using the S-Pen to make notes or sign, then send it off as a PDF.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

I do this extensively, though with a different application.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

i love my n2 and note 8...its awesome! battery life has been great so far... 1 day on battery... 4hrs screen on... battery at 47%. I've been unfortunately busy and haven't had as much time as i would like with it. more apps work on multi screen... snote has even more features, the watchon tv app is great! it's a fabulous size.... i have a transformer prime and this is way more functional for my uses.

Since I got my Note 2, it has replaced my Nexus 7 (which sits in the draw and which replaced iPad) I love it as an all in 1 convergence device (think the Note 2 is the first true convergence device.) Whether at home, work, or even vacations i find 5.5. inches is more than enough for all situations (reading, working, media...) Cant wait for the Note 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Frezing_Phoenix View Post
    Since I got my Note 2, it has replaced my Nexus 7 (which sits in the draw and which replaced iPad) I love it as an all in 1 convergence device (think the Note 2 is the first true convergence device.) Whether at home, work, or even vacations i find 5.5. inches is more than enough for all situations (reading, working, media...) Cant wait for the Note 3.
    I too have a Nexus 7 and when I got my Note 2 my N7 became rather lonely. Recently, I've been using it more (not more than the Note 2!) as I discovered I can use a second login for my favorite word game, to get more games against opponents. Sometimes when I start a new game on each device, the same person shows up, so I tell them that they are also playing me under my other login. Invariably they ask, "how do you do that??". (the game is Wordfeud, btw)
    Verizon Note 2 on 4.4.2 and Gear 2
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    I too have a Nexus 7 and when I got my Note 2 my N7 became rather lonely. Recently, I've been using it more (not more than the Note 2!) as I discovered I can use a second login for my favorite word game, to get more games against opponents. Sometimes when I start a new game on each device, the same person shows up, so I tell them that they are also playing me under my other login. Invariably they ask, "how do you do that??". (the game is Wordfeud, btw)
    Funny, I do the same for candy crush. Both games synced to same level but I get 10 lives instead of 5