Chat Heads not working for Go Launcher...

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So I have Go Launcher and I just installed FB Messenger just to get the Chat Heads, but when someone text or message me, the Chat Head won't show up. Though when I switch to TouchWiz, I can see the Chat Head.
Does anyone know how I can enable the Chat Head feature when using Go Launcher..???

Thanks!

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
So I have Go Launcher and I just installed FB Messenger just to get the Chat Heads, but when someone text or message me, the Chat Head won't show up. Though when I switch to TouchWiz, I can see the Chat Head.
Does anyone know how I can enable the Chat Head feature when using Go Launcher..???

Thanks!

I'm using Go Launcher too and thought that was my problem but I can't get Chat Heads to work even when using Touchwiz. :-\

Sent using Tapatalk from my Galaxy Note 2.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Go Launcher too and thought that was my problem but I can't get Chat Heads to work even when using Touchwiz. :-\

Did you download the extra app from facebook? I believe you have to go within the facebook app settings. I believe its called facebook home. I tried the home launcher...its not for me. I guess you use facebook alot it would be awesome butnot for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Did you download the extra app from facebook? I believe you have to go within the facebook app settings. I believe its called facebook home. I tried the home launcher...its not for me. I guess you use facebook alot it would be awesome butnot for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Yes, I updated Facebook and Messenger because supposedly you can use Chat Heads for SMS without installing Home. That didn't work so I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled FB, Messenger and also installed Home. Chat Heads are still not working. :-(

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I updated Facebook and Messenger because supposedly you can use Chat Heads for SMS without installing Home. That didn't work so I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled FB, Messenger and also installed Home. Chat Heads are still not working. :-(

Go into your Fbook messager and activate chat heads and check use as sms

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Go into your Fbook messager and activate chat heads and check use as sms

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

This is all I have under SMS/MMS Settings. Can't find anything about using Chat Heads.

uploadfromtaptalk1365869164688.jpg

dodong27

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Update:

Not sure what I did, but Chat Heads is now working on my Go Launcher!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

grumpyjoe

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I have Nova Launcher and its working. Don't remember turning it on or downloading it. But it's there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

John Bocalig

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Chathead visibility on the nova launcher has the same visibility rules as the status bar. Not sure if it's the same with any other launcher...
Try disable the 'hide the status bar' option in nova (or whatever launcher you have) and see that that works... HTH!

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Chathead visibility on the nova launcher has the same visibility rules as the status bar. Not sure if it's the same with any other launcher...
Try disable the 'hide the status bar' option in nova (or whatever launcher you have) and see that that works... HTH!

Thank you SOOOO much. This was my issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo