Buying a Note 2. is it worth it?

RandyBoyz92

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I was planning on buying a Note 2 but now that S4 is being released is buying a Note 2 worth it? I want a bigger screen and I heard the battery life is awesome.

(I could wait for Note 3 but the problem is that I don't know if I can wait that long)

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I was planning on buying a Note 2 but now that S4 is being released is buying a Note 2 worth it? I want a bigger screen and I heard the battery life is awesome.

(I could wait for Note 3 but the problem is that I don't know if I can wait that long)

The note 2 is going to be getting many of the software updates that have new features from the s4, the screen is larger but not 1080p, and the battery is much better. If you can't wait for the note 3, get the note 2. Its not a device you will regret if you can handle the size.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Unless you know that you specifically want the Note 2 and s pen etc, I would wait to check out the s4 since it is coming very soon. I love the Note 2 but had the OG Note as well and love and use the s pen regularly.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The extra size of the note 2 is worth it to me over my s3.yes, the s4 is slightly larger, but the note 2 would still be substantially bigger. If screen size isn't that important, I would just go with the s4.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Note2 a few days ago (Verizon) and I added another line just to get this puppy. I have been an iPhone user from day 1 and have never owned an Android OS. I am coming from the iPhone 5, so I have a lot to learn but I have hardly out this phone down in 3 days! I was tired and Bored of iphone and my eyes were seriously hurting and I was getting headaches from searching the Web on that small screen. Well I'm happy to report that my eyes haven't hurt and no headache for 3 days!!! I am Amazed by this device and absolutely love it. I'm still learning quite a bit but I'm almost there. I wish I could figure out how to start a new thread using Tapatalk. :banghead:

Definitely get the Note!! I definitely wanted the larger screen and I played with S3 also but felt it wasn't a huge upgrade from iphone screen so I went with the Note and I love the SPen for jotting down notes and grocery lists!!
Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2using Tapatalk 2

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey OP,

I will tell you that I have had the opportunity to play with the Samsung S4 and will confidently say that it is one beautiful device. However, I am an IOS user l, who barely made the switch to the Note 2. Since using the iPhone 5 for roughly 4 months and getting accustom to the small lightweight phone; switching to the Note 2 has been a huge learning curve. I love the screen size but initally hated the size with the phone. Now, after using this phone for 24hrs and seeing the length of battery that I get with this device, I can no longer see myself using anything else. The screen size is just perfect! The best part, this phone will not strain your eyes after prolong use. To some that may not be a factor but to me, it was a huge plus! Also, I love that I have been much more productive with this phone. I see myself using the S Pen more than I ever would have imagined. In addition, the pure integration with email, google drive, and google doc allows you to have all your information on you at all time. So, would I say, I miss my iPhone 5? Not really, because the iPhone 5 did what I needed it to do, the Note 2 has drastically changed the way I use my smartphone. Either way, your making the right choice going with the Note 2 or S4. The question really is, can you wait till the S4 is released and how much do see yourself using the S Pen?

Sent from Note 2

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

The S4 is supposedly coming soon. (As mentioned on this link.) I suggest you wait a little longer so you can compare it to yourself on which one YOU feel more comfortable using or holding it. Otherwise, go for the Note 2 if you need a phone now. Goodluck on your decision.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Note 2 since December and I still love it. With that said, I am considering a change to the GS4. The N2 is a little bigger than ideal for me. I do use the s-pen, but I bought an extra one, which can be used with the GS4. I would wait until you can hold them both, then decide.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The note 2 is going to be getting many of the software updates that have new features from the s4, the screen is larger but not 1080p, and the battery is much better. If you can't wait for the note 3, get the note 2. Its not a device you will regret if you can handle the size.

I definitely would not argue with someone as cute as her

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I love my note 2, it's a fantastic phone. However I'd definitely wait to check out the s4. I think it could be the perfect phone size. The note is a large phone.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

npunk42

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I want a bigger screen and I heard the battery life is awesome.

I have a Note2, its very nice. The big screen makes everything easier to see. The battery gets through the day more often than not, I don't call that 'awesome' but it isn't bad either. I haven't read anything groundbreaking different about the Note3, maybe I should read more. So for the screen alone I'd say get the Note2 now, expect by the time the Note3 comes out you could easily sell the 2 if the 3 turns out to be so much better.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
This is currently my dilemma! I had the Note 2, the size was both the reason why I liked it and appealed to at the same time I didn't like it.. but now that I'm back to my iPhone 4S.. i'm totally missing the Note 2.. BUT now that the S4 came out.. I'm not sure which one to get.

yes I want a bigger screen, I want a good camera, love the features of the S4 dual camera function (not sure if that feature will come to the note 2 when someone said the note 2 will get some of the S4 features)..

I loved being able to draw on my pictures and writing instead of typing etc.. but I guess I could also do that on my iPad 4.. so would getting a Note 2 make it redundant since I have an iPad?

I'm so torn I don't know what to do! lol

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This is currently my dilemma! I had the Note 2, the size was both the reason why I liked it and appealed to at the same time I didn't like it.. but now that I'm back to my iPhone 4S.. i'm totally missing the Note 2.. BUT now that the S4 came out.. I'm not sure which one to get.

yes I want a bigger screen, I want a good camera, love the features of the S4 dual camera function (not sure if that feature will come to the note 2 when someone said the note 2 will get some of the S4 features)..

I loved being able to draw on my pictures and writing instead of typing etc.. but I guess I could also do that on my iPad 4.. so would getting a Note 2 make it redundant since I have an iPad?

I'm so torn I don't know what to do! lol

One of the main reasons that convinced me to get the Note 2 was the hover feature with the S-Pen. I can visit websites that have sub menu navigation links, and easily access them using my S-Pen. I can't do that with my iPad, nor any other touch screen device I own. Prior to my Note 2, the only way to access those links would be from my laptop.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
One of the main reasons that convinced me to get the Note 2 was the hover feature with the S-Pen. I can visit websites that have sub menu navigation links, and easily access them using my S-Pen. I can't do that with my iPad, nor any other touch screen device I own. Prior to my Note 2, the only way to access those links would be from my laptop.

That is a very great feature, especially with a website like Kawasaki :)

tireboy66

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 2 .. 2 weeks now . would never go back to a regular phone. an amazing machine..I drive tow truck for a living and the gps is very good,especially the giant screen . I don't have to squint to see it ..

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
That is a very great feature, especially with a website like Kawasaki :)

I see that the Galaxy S4 will have the hover feature by using your finger. I'm curious to see how this will work for smaller sized links, because a person's finger isn't as thin as the tip of a an S-Pen.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac