Is there an app that allows u to take pics with lock button?

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
If you do end up returning to Android, you should look into some of the chat messaging apps and video calling apps. Many of them offer functionality that, as far as I know, isn't available with FaceTime (such as over cellular networks - that was at some point not possible with Facetime).

For Music, if you start using Google Music, you can have it automatically mirror your iTunes library. It will sync and cache songs on your Android devices intelligently.

Thank you for your response! I WILL be returning to android.. just a matter of making up my mind on which awesome phone to get :D

would those apps be able to work with those with an iPhone or only other android users?

Also for music.. what threw me off was there was the Note 2's own "music player" (i think it's an orange icon) and then there was the google music player (the icon with the headphones i think lol).. I didn't know which one to use for music (for example if I wanted to "buy" music like iTunes)

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to root mine, either as most of the customization I want is right there on the system already. That being said, then you want to bypass your lockscreen security with the camera; I didn't know you could do that with iPhone since I've never set up a pin, just a slide-to-unlock (which is how I lock my Note 2, too... sounds funny hehe).

The camera on the Note 2 is not that great in low light or indoors, it has a very slow shutter, so it does come out either blurry or noisy, definitely something the iDevices have always handled quite nicely. But in bright light, it is outstanding. IF you're going back to Android, I'd say go for the S4 if features are your thing (and an improved camera, from what I've seen). But if budget is now an issue, get the Note 2 or an S3, as they're sure to drop prices next week.

BTW, you CAN keep you iTunes music/playlists if you use DoubleTwist or Samsung's own app, EasySync (the first is a full-fledged music player whilst the latter only lets you sync music/playlists). In my case I got Spotify and now that crosses over to any device I use.

The one thing you'll always miss is iMessage (I know I missed BBM when I had a (shudders) BlackBerry... I know, I'm not proud). I've never owned an iPhone but I do own an iPod Touch, iPad and my sister has an iPhone, so iMessage can be a big thing. We use Whatsapp, but that's only between phones. I guess you can use GTalk to have communication with a PC, but then your kids would need to set up a GMail account.

Yea I liked being able to bypass the lockscreen passcode thing with the camera grabber.. but it's okay some people on these forums said it might be a feature added with the next update *crossing my fingers, toes, eyes* lol :D

Although budget is an issue.. I'm sure whatever my iPhone sells for will cover the cost of whatever phone I decide to get - I just can't decide.. I Love the screen of the Note 2 (as well as didn't like it because of the size I couldn't fit it in my pocket like I could my iPhone when I went to the gym). I also love the S-Pen.. I love being able to write notes and draw on pictures.. and i'm sure I could do that though with my iPad and some apps..

and the S4 sounds amazing! the dual camera action sounds like so much fun lol.. so that is also why i'm leaning towards that one.. I was considering the S3, but would that be a waste since the S4 is coming out?

the music player totally drove me nuts because I originally didn't have a microSD card and then just moved all my music over.. then when I got the microSD card I just confused myself even more lol.. so I think this time I will just an app that will make my life so much easier lol..

I know I'll miss iMessage.. my husband and friends chewed my **** out when I did have the Note 2 because they couldn't iMessage me anymore.. My kids are only toddlers so I meant that if my parent or whoever was with them needed me - it was easy for them to iMessage me really quick and it would pop up on either iDevice I was on/next to etc.. so they can't have a g-mail acct (not for awhile :p )

I was telling my brother (who has a Maxx razr i think).. I know I NEED to stop looking at these phones like iPhones.. because they are not.. I need to respect them for what they are and work with what they have and what awesome features they have differently that I can use to my advantage - especially the features that Androids have that iPhones do not.. and i'm almost already there lol just the decision with which phone I want to stick with for a long time :)

I know that there will always be a newer and better phone, but i'm just trying to find the right phone for me.. and it's hard because the majority of my friends use iPhones (heck even my parents just got iphones).. so not many of my friends can offer help/experience/advice so i'm really hoping these forums can help me make my indecisive mind up lol..

I just basically want an awesome camera cause I LOVE taking pictures of my little ones.. they move so fast and I love capturing those kodak moments haha.. but I guess I need to remember, if I really wanted to get an awesome/amazing quality camera I can just use a DSLR or my Point and Shoot..

but I also want a phone that can keep up with me (i love taking notes - i'm a personal trainer so I'm always scheduling stuff and writing things down.. as well as i'm a nursing student so I have notes everywhere lol).. at the same time I love playing little games to pass my time (like candy crush LOL!) oh and big screen! but not bigger than the note 2.. (so the Note 3 is out of the question for me)

I also love social media (i'm a fitness and beauty blogger/vlogger so I like using my camera to facebook/instagram etc to vlog/blog) and I love using photography apps as well as like i mentioned doodling on my pictures LOL :D

and I LOVE LOVE LOVE customizing my phone all girly like (yes i'm a girly girl at heart!) so yes.. i want a big screen and pink/hello kitty it out :-* And I love not needing to root my phone to do that! :)

so whatever phone can do that for me.. i want lol. (oh and is not an iPhone, I want the change) lol (Preferably between those two LOL)

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I need help fellows.... I tried the gesture setting above and for some reason, now my phone has a Lock at the bottom of the screen, when I go to slid it over to unlock it, it does a soft reboot and then goes back to the lock screen.... thoughts...?

I am rooted and have the Jelly Bean 11 ROM.... Need help please...

Thanks..

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Please disregard, I figured it out.... to be honest, I'm not sure what the issue was, but I figured out how to get back in and UNSET the camera gesture and reset the lock screen...

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Heck are you my twin??? I loved my iphone 5 but hated how you can't customize and the small screen. I am probably gonna check out the S4 as im impressed with the camera, 13gb. But if iphone comes out with a larger screen (doubt they will) then its back to iphone. We have 7 devices, 5 iphones, 1 pad and now my Note, so there is always an upgrade available.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Heck are you my twin??? I loved my iphone 5 but hated how you can't customize and the small screen. I am probably gonna check out the S4 as im impressed with the camera, 13gb. But if iphone comes out with a larger screen (doubt they will) then its back to iphone. We have 7 devices, 5 iphones, 1 pad and now my Note, so there is always an upgrade available.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

Yea if iPhone were to come out with a larger screen (not taller I don't want taller lol).. then i'd get that, but I doubt they would go bigger since smaller is their "thing" ... plus i'm too impatient to wait for the full specs of the iPhone 5S .. I want a new phone now lol.. I'm even having a hard time waiting for the 26th to come around to see the S4!! lol.. I miss my Note 2, I do.. but the camera on the S4 and the other "newer" features are calling my name lol..

what do people mean when they say the Note 2 will get some of the same features as the S4 in the future updates? like the dual camera action?! lol or is that only the S4.. that totally might be a deal breaker for me.. cause I think that'd be so handy dandy for me when I record my kids .. or when i'm filming my vlogs :D

but I truly do hope they will add the Quick camera grabber feature to the next update!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, so the Note 2 will get SOME features (software) the S4 will come packed with, but I doubt dual shot will be one of them, at least not for a while... But I might be wrong. HOWEVER, if you love the screen, I'd go for the S4. It's only 0.5" smaller than the Note 2's, but at a MUCH higher pixel density; so high it's even better than the touted iPhone's Retina display (it's also fullHD, so you will enjoy watching movies). You won't have the S-Pen but you can jot down notes just the same with your finger or getting a 3rd-party stylus, PLUS you get to write with gloves on!!!

I'm definitely going for the S4 once it comes out in my country, I just need to compare it side-by-side with my current Note 2 and an HTC One. I don't want to upgrade because I'll lose my grandfathered unlimited-data data plan if I do, so I REALLY need to be sure it's the device I want before shelling out the dough :p

As for the camera, supposedly this has a faster shutter so taking quick pictures of your little ones should be something you'll enjoy... HOWEVER, I doubt they will ever remove the lockscreen-bypass thingy. It's a security feature rather than a bug, and the world is becoming ever so increasingly worried about mobile security these days, so I dont' see them removing that anytime soon... if at all, I might even expect iPhone to ADD it to their phones...