Searching Exchange Server

newbie1000

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I am using the default Samsung email app but I had the same issue with touchdown. When I try to search for emails on my exchange server the search results come up with nothing. I don't know if I need to change something on outlook or my phone but I need to be able to search old emails (ie emails that I have put into a PST folder). Is there a way to keep a copy on the exchange server? The iPhone people seem to have no problem doing this. My IT person doesn't know android. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Danezy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue.. i can set the sync period to ALL and get everything, but i have no need for ALL my email on the phone.. The ability to sync only the emails from the last week, but also the functionality in searching the server for older email would be great... Same as how the iPhones allow you to sync a predetermined period but if you are searching for older you can tap Search the Server... Please help!

The work around is by using the internet app to access live.com.au, this will give you all your emails without having to sync them to your phone - a bit primitive though for such an advanced phone :p

Device: Samsung S4, Jellybean 4.2.2

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I'm using Touchdown for my exchange mail. I went to my inbox and can see mail as old as the middle of April. I did a search for "jack" and the oldest was April 18th. I then went to the menu and selected "search server" and set the date to search back to "all". Searched for "jack" again and this time returned mail from as far back as November last year.

I don't really have anything setup in the phone or the server for search times.

When you searched using Touchdown, did you go in to the menu and tell it to search the server? That's the only thing I can think of. Hope it helps.

Posted via Android Central App

Danezy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
No, im using the stock email app on the Samsung S4... I have searched for a similar setting, but unable to find any 'search on server' setting or option...???

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
No, im using the stock email app on the Samsung S4... I have searched for a similar setting, but unable to find any 'search on server' setting or option...???

Newbie1000 stated he had used the stock app and Touchdown. I have only touchdown configured for mail and never really used the stock app. I was taking a look at the stock app on my wives S3 and I can only find advanced options in the search window, not sure if they would help, she has the standard pop3 mail, so I can't really test

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000