Resuming music via earbud controller while phone is sleeping doesn't work properly.

T3mporaryGold

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered OEM earbuds off ebay and if I press it while a song is playing, it pauses, if I pause it for long enough (Like 10 seconds) the faint fuzz in the background in the headphones will stop. Then I press the play button to resume, but it doesn't do it. I have to either press it twice or hold it for a little longer. This doesn't happen for pausing, just resuming and it's the same button.

Also, this only does this when the phone is asleep (If I press the lock button to make the screen sleep, pause the music, I only have to wait like 10 seconds for this to do this. So its not like its been asleep for hours.). I tested my iPod earbuds and it did this too, I swear I didn't noticed it until now but now that I think about it, yeah it happened on those too. I just assumed I was missing the button when in reality I had to press it twice. I actually have to press it quickly, I can't wait more than like 2 seconds in between presses or else it doesn't resume the music. Again, this only happens when I'm resuming, not when I'm pausing. I've also restarted the phone if that means anything and it didn't fix it.

This probably has something to do with the phone being asleep and when the music stops for awhile the app goes to "sleep" as well and the first click wakes it and the second will preform the function. I'm just guessing though. I also found that if I press volume up or down and then resume, it works the first time. So it probably is something with the app turning off after sleep mode starts, problem is, this happens like 6 seconds after I pause it in sleep mode so its a very small amount of time. Regardless it's really bothersome and would like to know if anyone has any idea on what to do.

Edit: Ignore references to the specific earbuds being the issue. Literally while I was writing the post I learned that wasn't the case.

Also, if you have earbuds with a controller, can you try this? Maybe its not just mine.

1. Play a song
2. Press lock button to shut screen off
3. Press earbud's pause/play button to pause the music
4.Wait like 20 seconds (Just to be safe, mine does it when the "fuze" turned off in my headphones. Which is about 4-6 seconds.)
5. Quickly (Don't hold it, just press it normally.) press the pause/play button to resume the music and see if resumes or if it does nothing. Then I guess press it again.

Last edited:

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
You didn't specify which app you use to play music, I will assume stock. I use poweramp and never paid attention as I use bluetooth headphones and never had that issue, it is actually annoying to have poweramp play whenever I get in my car when I'm listening to Pandora or tune in radio. I will try and report back in a few...

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Android Central Forums

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have mixed results. Sometimes it works others it doesn't. I have to press twice and it starts with a new song.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Android Central Forums

T3mporaryGold

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm using stock music app. Thanks for testing, I see why this would do this (If im right about the app turning off) but this is way too soon for it to do it if that is the case. It should be like a minute or two, not ten seconds.

Edit: Amazon mp3 does this too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae