Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigDinCA
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Note2 vs HTC text size to fit

Why does the HTC phones seem to have a better "text size to fit". I know all phones have zoom and font size, but HTC truly fits the text to screen size.

Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: Note2 vs HTC text size to fit

Because HTC rocks.

Now bring on the "fanboy-troll" comments.
    Topgonzo likes this.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

It's likely because of the higher resolution. The content isn't reliant on the screen size so the Note 2's 5.5" 720p screen doesn't make a difference when put up against the HTC One's 1080p screen. It's able to show more content so it's able to adjust the content better. If you have a rooted Note 2 and you set your dpi to 240, if you tried apps that have been optimized for that setting (usually tablet apps) then you would see better scaling because you would have more content on the screen. Sometimes it also depends on the browser. Some are better handling at fitting content to the screen than others.

I don't think you can blame or credit the phone itself, it's the app that does it.

I don't know but I notice the same thing... my old HTC Desire will reflow text after rendering within one sec. to desired (pinch/zoomed) size, and do it again if still wanted, and also will fill out text of messy websites all to become one article between left and right margin. Two years, later, my generic Note 2 can't do it, I have to install Dolphin to get it to do such a basic and necessary thing...and none of the other 2 or 3 top Samsung devices I have had could do it right either. Furthermore, the Samsung devices all handle online website-text fields (like the one I am on right now writing this) awfully, a lot of functions don't work (like auto-spacing, the keyboard cannot see what it is doing) or are a headache (like navigating in input text, you most often won't be able to scroll back up, it also does not work right with copy and paste). Obviously Samsung pays very little attention to thesoftware-it is all about selling those phones, which are pieces of hardware basically, and after that they don't seem to care too much whether or not it all works satisfactorily as a user experience... and that is utterly stupid. even more stupid is that they block the work of xda and the like, that could do the work needed for them partially, the things that would keep their devices still being loved nonetheless! btw, the Note 2 came full of bugs, nothing would work right, from syncing (the native crap Samsung apps messed that up) to recognition of the S-Pen and its drawn commands (8 second responsetime on the simple, upward-line-command, for which there is no replacing traditional icon that would be way faster anyway -on average: 4 seconds normal + 50% fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Ary vanHarrick View Post
    I don't know but I notice the same thing... my old HTC Desire will reflow text after rendering within one sec. to desired (pinch/zoomed) size, and do it again if still wanted, and also will fill out text of messy websites all to become one article between left and right margin. Two years, later, my generic Note 2 can't do it, I have to install Dolphin to get it to do such a basic and necessary thing...and none of the other 2 or 3 top Samsung devices I have had could do it right either. Furthermore, the Samsung devices all handle online website-text fields (like the one I am on right now writing this) awfully, a lot of functions don't work (like auto-spacing, the keyboard cannot see what it is doing) or are a headache (like navigating in input text, you most often won't be able to scroll back up, it also does not work right with copy and paste). Obviously Samsung pays very little attention to thesoftware-it is all about selling those phones, which are pieces of hardware basically, and after that they don't seem to care too much whether or not it all works satisfactorily as a user experience... and that is utterly stupid. even more stupid is that they block the work of xda and the like, that could do the work needed for them partially, the things that would keep their devices still being loved nonetheless! btw, the Note 2 came full of bugs, nothing would work right, from syncing (the native crap Samsung apps messed that up) to recognition of the S-Pen and its drawn commands (8 second responsetime on the simple, upward-line-command, for which there is no replacing traditional icon that would be way faster anyway -on average: 4 seconds normal + 50% fails.
    So you're not a fan of the N2? do you regret the purchase?

I don't know but I notice the same thing... my old HTC Desire will reflow text after rendering within one sec. to desired (pinch/zoomed) size, and do it again if still wanted, and also will fill out text of messy websites all to become one article between left and right margin. Two years, later, my generic Note 2 can't do it, I have to install Dolphin to get it to do such a basic and necessary thing...and none of the other 2 or 3 top Samsung devices I have had could do it right either. Furthermore, the Samsung devices all handle online website-text fields (like the one I am on right now writing this) awfully, a lot of functions don't work (like auto-spacing, the keyboard cannot see what it is doing) or are a headache (like navigating in input text, you most often won't be able to scroll back up, it also does not work right with copy and paste).
    That's not Samsung, that's the stock browser, which is the older Android browser. You can blame Samsung for selecting it as stock but many people like it. I prefer Opera over the stock browser but that's just my opinion.

btw, the Note 2 came full of bugs, nothing would work right, from syncing (the native crap Samsung apps messed that up) to recognition of the S-Pen and its drawn commands (8 second responsetime on the simple, upward-line-command, for which there is no replacing traditional icon that would be way faster anyway -on average: 4 seconds normal + 50% fails.
    I never saw those problems on my Note 2. Maybe you installed something that interferes, or your carrier did. Have you tried searching the carrier speciffic forum for a solution?

Not my Note 2.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.