Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeffrey10000
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Note 2 Bricked

Hi
    I was running JellyBam custom ROM, and battery problems started later on. my battery once died at night and when i woke up it took hell lot of time to boot, the battery charging sign was showing BUT without showing that's it has any percent of power, so, after the phone started all of my 32 GB sd card data was GONE, absolutely nothing, no big deal i can live with some lost data. later on, the same problem kept on happening so i decided to get back to stock ROM, and i did, all nice and smooth. Last night, the battery died again (which was absolutely charged, no questions about that) with the same problem above, battery charging screen, and stuck on boot logo, I tried flashing the stock ROM using odin (JB 4.1.1 , 4.1.2) and it FAILS AND FAILS. now i'm looking at my note 2 screen only showing this "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". Also, i cant get to recovery mode, only download mode.

I'm completely desperate, PLEASE HELP any solution, idea, suggestion, anything would be fine!

Note: I also tried the Alternate Restore from XDA here and this happened :
    "OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
    <OSM> I605_VRALJB_Restore.tar.md5 is invalid.
    <OSM> End..."

Default Re: Note 2 Bricked

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMas View Post
    Hi
    I was running JellyBam custom ROM, and battery problems started later on. my battery once died at night and when i woke up it took hell lot of time to boot, the battery charging sign was showing BUT without showing that's it has any percent of power, so, after the phone started all of my 32 GB sd card data was GONE, absolutely nothing, no big deal i can live with some lost data. later on, the same problem kept on happening so i decided to get back to stock ROM, and i did, all nice and smooth. Last night, the battery died again (which was absolutely charged, no questions about that) with the same problem above, battery charging screen, and stuck on boot logo, I tried flashing the stock ROM using odin (JB 4.1.1 , 4.1.2) and it FAILS AND FAILS. now i'm looking at my note 2 screen only showing this "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again". Also, i cant get to recovery mode, only download mode.

I'm completely desperate, PLEASE HELP any solution, idea, suggestion, anything would be fine!

"OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> End..."
    I know that this doesn't help but that is one of the reasons I don't root my android phones. If it's bricked you are a goner. Not as easy as iPhone jailbreaking and it's also easier to unjailbreak it. Sorry I couldn't help.
    T.
    Ambassador @ iMore

"With great power, comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well, damn.
    I hope someone else have some different saying?

Greetings.

I would like to help you but Im not an expert.
    What I can offer is this:

I hope it helps you.
    Just let me know if it works.

Good luck.
    Lucio

OK, first of all, rooting an Android phone IS easier than Jailbreaking... It just poses way many more ways to troubleshoot a bricked phone than an iPhone (you've got many more models to deal with).

That being said it could be a number of things. First try to enter the system menu (I believe it's Home + Volume Up + Power; let go of Power but not the other buttons). If it does, you're not bricked. You should try to restore via Kies (I'm not sure you can do it via that menu though, without being connected to a PC).

Also, by the sound of it, your problem seems hardware-related. Here are the things I've encountered with my past Samsung Phones:
    1) The charging screen and not booting issue happened to my GSII. I thought it was gone as it wouldn't charge the battery at all and then it wouldn't even boot. It all started when S-Voice and Driving Mode kept popping up on their own (has this happened to you?). If this is the case, a simple USB-Connector replacement was all it took to bring it back to life.
    2) The SD Card data being lost. Was your card a SanDisk one? I know it'll sound like I hate the brand, but I don't, I just KNOW that their cards, especially 32GB ones, conflicts badly with newer Samsung phones. If your card was manufactured before December 2012, something in the SD Card makes your phone go bonkers (it happened to mine, so I'm not just saying this). For some, the damage is just data being lost all of a sudden (but recoverable if read on a PC) and your card starts unmounting/remounting itself randomly (you can see a decrease in battery life because of this). I also noticed some voltage variations in some components like LEDs when charging and a funny noise coming out of the charger when plugged in. In some cases I've read, the card is completely damaged and no data recovery can be made and it can even cause damage to internal phone components. Switching SD Cards (I bought an AData one, it has Samsung-supplied components).
    3) Have you tried wiping out data and cache via the Recovery menu? (With the above key combo) It'll mean you'll lose data but it might resurrect your phone.

If all else fails, I'd take it to a service center ASAP.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thank you for trying, Lucio, it's sad that even max's methods and stuff wasn't able to help or resolve my problem, his website was the first that i looked up to. but unfortunately i got a "FAIL" after trying to recover with Odin
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I can't get to the system menu/ recovery mode, only download mode. I'll show you the massage i have ..

And yes, it's a SanDisk card, i contacted their support team, and they offer a replacement and shipping and other bullsh*t, but i'm not down to that, they should have made an appropriate sd card! :\
    And my PC CAN NOT READ AT ALL!
    so again, the bricked phone.. any other ideas?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Anyone pleasee!!

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Hi

"OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> End..."
    Might try downloading the stock rom again. If the md5 hash is invalid you you may have an error in the downloaded file you have now. Id try installing goomanager and using that to flash a stock rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I'v tried to flash a couple of stock ROMs with odin today but neither worked, i get fails and passes and it's still the same :/
    i can't get anywhere further than the download mode..

At this point it sounds like you've tried most everything I'd take it to a service center and have them reset the phone, after all, they should have the 'official' equipment for that. It's weird that you can't enter recovery mode, though...

If you go into the recovery menu in your phone (Power + Home + Volume Up), what are your options there? Or does that screen fail to load as well?
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Yeah, i think i'm takin it to the service center, though i don't trust their experience in my country. :|
    can't get to recovery menu as well.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Yeah, i think i'm takin it to the service center, though i don't trust their experience in my country. :|
    can't get to recovery menu as well.
    Stop trying to use Odin. Something is very wrong if you cant get into recovery. Use goomanager. Free from the playstore. There is an option in goomanager to install open recovery script. This will flash TWRP recovery. Once the recovery is in place flash a stock rom using TWRP not odin. Also, the stock rom should be in zip form some where on your internal memory chip.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ok, hold on, how can i download - a app -, when i can't even open my phone, or is there something i don't understand or what?

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

My bad, didnt realize your phone wouldnt even turn on at this point. Yea your screwed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

odin flash just the recovery... then move on

Do you have the odin settings correct? What about a PIT file? If your custom Rom used a different file system you will need a new PIT. The reason is that your system would be formatted differently and the original system is expecting the original format.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    11DanTheMan11 likes this.

I just fixed mine 24 hours of hell use pit file only in odin after that do the home - vol up power thing and factory reset

Hello All..I have a Verizon Samsung Note 2..It is rooted..and has T.W.R.P on it..I let My friend barrow My phone and he was in T.W.R.P messing around and from what he tells me he did a wipe with all the boxes checked..now the phone tells me there is no OS on the phone..I can still get into download mode and I can get into T.W.R.P..I've tried using Odin3 v3.07 and flash KIES_HOME_I605VRAMC3_I605VZWAMC3_1098177_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 and it fails..I have also tried putting the md5 file zipped on my sdcard and installing thru T.W.R.P and it also fails..any idea how I can get my phone back to working..Thanks in advance

nevermind I got it working

Global Posts
    10,408 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by mmontford View Post
    Hello All..I have a Verizon Samsung Note 2..It is rooted..and has T.W.R.P on it..I let My friend barrow My phone and he was in T.W.R.P messing around and from what he tells me he did a wipe with all the boxes checked..now the phone tells me there is no OS on the phone..I can still get into download mode and I can get into T.W.R.P..I've tried using Odin3 v3.07 and flash KIES_HOME_I605VRAMC3_I605VZWAMC3_1098177_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 and it fails..I have also tried putting the md5 file zipped on my sdcard and installing thru T.W.R.P and it also fails..any idea how I can get my phone back to working..Thanks in advance
    I worry one of my kids will do the same thing. I am thinking I am going to password protect apps like twrp ha ha.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

where can I get PIT file?

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timocarp View Post
    where can I get PIT file?
    I have the sch-i605.