Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: google Play Store just auto updated all my apps on its own WTF

I live in a rural area with only cellular data available. This is a bug that could be devastating for people with limited data like us.

I dud find one way to limit, but not stop, the downloads. Change your Content Filtering under Settings to the lowest setting: everyone. That made it impossible to download many updates.

I tried to report the bug on the Google play site, but the call button just said there were no operators available.

Same issue here, uninstalled google play services and updates to google play to stop them from all auto updating....

Shocking stuff... Real peasant stuff!

Angry Re: google Play Store just auto updated all my apps on its own WTF

Hello everyone!
    Is there any solution for this ?
    I have marked Do not Update in Google Play settings (version 4.1.6).
    But it still updates every app.
    In my case this causes :
    - System crash due to not enough data space for the updated apps,
    - Heavy bill for the data transfer
    well done google

I have root access, is there maybe a file that I can edit or delete to prevent this ridiculous situation and disable those updates ???? !!!

I'm desperate, right now, I have turned off WiFi and remove Sim-card thanks to one bug in Google Play app. And don't know what to do (

There is MONEY involved here, so the companies won't stop just cuz we complain on this site. I think it might be time to start (and continue to) COMPLAIN to the REGULATORS.

I think (and hope) I have managed to fix this.
    What I did:
    - Cleared app data and then uninstalled Google Play Services (name may be slight different since I have Polish language and this is only my translation)
    - Cleared app data and uninstaled Google Play Update.
    - It reverted to stock, very old Android Market,
    - After some time Android Marked updated silently itself do newest Google Play
    This time when selected to not to update apps in settings, it worked

I have problem to remember what really started this update mess. I think it was the situation, when I wanted to install new app, it asked me something like Update App ? and I answered Yes, thinking it is about that one particular app. Then after some time, Google play started to update every app like crazy, despite disabled updates in settings.

You would think with all these problems the people at Android would get a fix going however, they have not. I wish them the best of luck losing customers. I can promise you that this guy will not recommend this phone system to anyone ever. I will also tell anyone who comes into my store how bad my experience with Andriod was. You are not customer friendly, you are not user friendly, truly I am unsure why I am even posting here. Nothing can every be done for me to come back or be friendly. I sell about 5 phones a day none will ever be Andriod again.

Actually I'm quite happy with android.
    This problem was nothing, compared to problems that I had on windows or symbian in the past
    And the phone was very cheap, since android is free.
    Also I like the idea that most of system is open source and well documented, so I can adjust it to my needs and mess with it
    I'm quite sure that my next phone (and other devices) also will have Android inside

Thanks wydziub,

I'm in the process of trying your method. Have reverted to ancient version of play store and so far not updating 50 apps without permission.

Hopefully once play store updates itself, it still won't update them without permission.

pita that it's already updated so many, but water under the bridge now.

If anyone who with any connections to play store software reads this: If I say "don't auto-update" I mean it - it's not only annoying, it's giving third parties permissions to access my data etc. without any say so from me. That's really bad ethically, and probably legally.

It really is a settings things. Too much...
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I have been having the same issues since last week. I have not checked on any auto update box and when I click on Google play store it asks me to agree to the Google Terms and conditions and I check yes. All of sudden I see the Google+, Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Music, Samsung Push Service, ChatOn, AllShare Play, Flipboard, Music Hub and several other downloads. If I don't say yes, it won't let me use the play store so I go and stop each download and un-check the auto update box again. I did it once last week, yesterday and now its happening all over again. I don't use but 2 of these apps and so I do not need an update on all. I would rather delete them all but thanks to factory install, it won't let me. I have only had this phone for couple months and have noticed that the battery does not last as long and have to charge each day. So I would like to minimize the number of unwanted apps running in the background. Please help, this is really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by jannam3000 View Post
    So I would like to minimize the number of unwanted apps running in the background. Please help, this is really annoying.
    You can disable a lot of those apps if you never use them and then they will never even show up in Play to be updated in the first place.

Settings/Applications/All and scroll to each of the apps you don't use and disable them. On apps I don't/never will use, I clear cache and data, also uncheck the notifications box, tap ok on popup, tap force stop and tap ok, then disable the app. Currently, I have around 20 factory installed apps disabled and they never run again, even after rebooting, unless I enable them again. My phone is stock and unrooted running Android 4.1.2. Not all apps have the disable button active, but many do.

My list of disabled apps:
    AllShare Play
    Amazon
    Amazon (cart)
    Amazon Kindle
    Group Play
    IMDB
    Media Hub
    Music Hub
    My Files
    NFL Mobile
    S Suggest
    Samsung Push Service
    SNS Facebook
    Sync Service
    Verizon Tones
    Viewdini
    VZ Navigator
    Yahoo! Finance
    Yahoo! News

Disclaimer: Do at your own risk as disabling some apps may cause unexpected behaviour. If this happens, enable the offending disabled app.
    Thanked by 2:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12