Cant see the screen at all in sunlight.

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
And this bums me out big time as I am always outside.... is there a fix for this??? I never had this problem with my iphone as I was still able to see my phone in sunlight and with the Note, I cant see it at all!!!

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
And also, make sure there are no fingerprint smudges on the screen. Also make sure the brightness is all the way up :)

mrsstraty#AC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I heard the anti glare screen protectors make your phone look and feel horrible.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
That is a drawback of AMOLED displays. Sunlight equals "the suck". This is especially true when wearing sunglasses.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the ivisor anti glare screen protector, and it feels and looks great. Do not leave the brightness all the way up for extended periods of time. I've heard it can burn the screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Update does not help much outdoor. The best you could do is to find shaded area and turn off Auto Brightness and turn brightness all the way up.

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
There is also a setting in the camera that lets you turn up the brightness when you're taking a photo. It helps a little, but not much.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
There is also a setting in the camera that lets you turn up the brightness when you're taking a photo. It helps a little, but not much.

Sent from my Samung "Brick"

That feature actually works quite well. That would be a useful setting to have in the display settings.

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
That feature actually works quite well. That would be a useful setting to have in the display settings.

Also if watching a movie through video player, pull up the setting menu and down the bottom you'll see Outdoor Visibility option.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
That is a drawback of AMOLED displays. Sunlight equals "the suck". This is especially true when wearing sunglasses.

That's just what it is. All is well until you hit sunlight, and BAM! It's really like the Note 2 automatically turns brightness all the way down itself, even though it shows as being all the way up.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I've never had an issue in sunlight, the way this was worded either the op has a bad device, doesn't know how to use it, is blind, or simply trolling

Sent from my Note 2