Score: iBolt dock 1, car accident 0

RobFreundlich

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday I was in a car accident on my way home from work - a car pulled out from a stop sign without looking and crossed in front of me while I was travelling around 30 MPH (48 KPH for you metric folks). I was able to hit the brakes and turn the wheel in time to turn what would have been a direct collision (front of my minivan to side of her Subaru wagon) into a my-corner-bumper to her side-front-bumper collision, but it was still quite a jolt. No injuries, I'm happy to report.

I'm also happy to report that in spite of being slewed around at high speed and jolted to a sudden stop, my iBolt dock held my Galaxy Note 2 nice and tight! I'm not using the suction mount and arm that came with it, since my old Garmin mount fits the car perfectly, so I can't speak to them, but the part that holds the phone itself is SOLID! The fact that the holder screws onto the Garmin mount instead of just snapping into place probably helped as well. Nice work, iBolt!

(Garmin users - the suction mount and arm held as well ...)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I was in a car accident on my way home from work - a car pulled out from a stop sign without looking and crossed in front of me while I was travelling around 30 MPH (48 KPH for you metric folks). I was able to hit the brakes and turn the wheel in time to turn what would have been a direct collision (front of my minivan to side of her Subaru wagon) into a my-corner-bumper to her side-front-bumper collision, but it was still quite a jolt. No injuries, I'm happy to report.

I'm also happy to report that in spite of being slewed around at high speed and jolted to a sudden stop, my iBolt dock held my Galaxy Note 2 nice and tight! I'm not using the suction mount and arm that came with it, since my old Garmin mount fits the car perfectly, so I can't speak to them, but the part that holds the phone itself is SOLID! The fact that the holder screws onto the Garmin mount instead of just snapping into place probably helped as well. Nice work, iBolt!

(Garmin users - the suction mount and arm held as well ...)

Glad you're okay. Out of curiosity - what kind of cars were involved? Curious to see how the impact effected the mount based on size (IE Ford Expedition vs Honda Civic)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
He was driving a mini van and the other vehicle was a Subaru wagon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

RobFreundlich

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
He was driving a mini van and the other vehicle was a Subaru wagon.

That's right. Specifically, a 2005 Toyota Sienna vs a 2003 Subaru wagon. Not sure which one, but definitely not the Forrester (their wagon/SUV crossover) or the really tiny one. An Outback, maybe?

The Sienna is front-wheel drive, not all-wheel. That matters because compared to my wife's all-wheel, it's a lot lighter.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's right. Specifically, a 2005 Toyota Sienna vs a 2003 Subaru wagon. Not sure which one, but definitely not the Forrester (their wagon/SUV crossover) or the really tiny one. An Outback, maybe?

The Sienna is front-wheel drive, not all-wheel. That matters because compared to my wife's all-wheel, it's a lot lighter.

Ah I missed that. Yeah, the safety of cars has come a long way hasn't it? Subaru makes some of the best safety cages on the market. But I'm a Honda guy (I have a 2012 Acura TSX) and also support Toyota and their safe. I'm glad your phone held up but I'm REALLY glad you're okay. Way to go Toyota and iBolt. Together an awesome team! :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz