Recent issues with GPS / Navigation?

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed in the last few weeks since the last OTA update (Sprint) that my stock Note 2 has been having more issue's with GPS. Taking a lot longer to lock on in Navigation, losses signal frequently, Navigation will stall/freeze some times.

I have GPS Test and GPS Status on my phone and they both seem to pick up the sat's with out to much issue. I clear and redownload assist data which seems to help Navigation with GPS but even after that it will still drop frequently.

This wasn't an issue before. Always had great, rock solid GPS and navigation. Just in the last few weeks I've noticed issue.

Anybody else having similar troubles?

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed in the last few weeks since the last OTA update (Sprint) that my stock Note 2 has been having more issue's with GPS. Taking a lot longer to lock on in Navigation, losses signal frequently, Navigation will stall/freeze some times.

I have GPS Test and GPS Status on my phone and they both seem to pick up the sat's with out to much issue. I clear and redownload assist data which seems to help Navigation with GPS but even after that it will still drop frequently.

This wasn't an issue before. Always had great, rock solid GPS and navigation. Just in the last few weeks I've noticed issue.

Anybody else having similar troubles?

Which Nav app are you using?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

wlaw422

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the Note 2 on Verizon and I've been having the same issue. I'm also on stock. Took a good minute to lock on when I went on my run yesterday using My Tracks.

And today and the past few days using waze while driving it has taken several minutes to achieve a GPS lock. Quite frustrating.

I have to think it's got to do with the recent OTA update. GPS was flawless before.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

ph2003

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea ive noticed my gps wont able to lock on sfter 4.1.1 update.
Was better after 4.1.2
But still slow, compare to my out of box 4.1 :(
Sad!

gvlakers

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I am having MAJOR problems with Google Navigation now after the 4.1.2 update on VZW. I can't even get it to lock---just says Searching GPS....

Has anyone tried doing a factory reset to see if this clears the issue?

sdouglas3673

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a vzw note 2 and my gosh was great, but after the 4.1.2 update I an seeing issues with gas signal being lost. I tried a factory reset twice and didn't seem to help. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

eleeezy

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Im rooted and havent done the ota and have same problem. I am starting to believe it is the google maps update.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12