Problem with Gmail

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
My partner and I share a Gmail account. He's on a blackberry. I'm on the droid note 2. He's quicker at opening emails than I am and as a result, I don't get a notification that I've received mail. Rather, I just happen to open the Gmail folder and I see what looks like a previously read email. When we both had blackberries, our mail kept as new on both our phones until either of us opened it, no matter if the other person opened it first. Not so with the droid. Any way to fix the settings so this doesn't happen?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes make an agreement with each other that whoever opens the email first to read it when done remark the email as unread which is an option and then have that person flag it. You will know he read it because of the flag but it is now marked unread for you to read it.

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Tried that... It's rather complex and he forgets. Thanks for response though. Any way to make this happen other than switch to blackberry again?

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Isn't there a setting in the bb to make mailbox win? Or something like that

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Might try getting your own free gmail account. Since basically is google on these phones it behooves you to have your own account.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's the dispatch email for the business. We both need to know when a dispatch email arrives. So when he opens it first, I never see it as a new email. I've been googling like crazy to find a fix for this and so far, nada.
I was thinking of creating a new Google account and setting the old one to fwd all mail to the new one and only I use the new one. This way the conflict never occurs. But I'd still like it the old way, where we don't have to worry about who opens it first.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's the dispatch email for the business. We both need to know when a dispatch email arrives. So when he opens it first, I never see it as a new email. I've been googling like crazy to find a fix for this and so far, nada.
I was thinking of creating a new Google account and setting the old one to fwd all mail to the new one and only I use the new one. This way the conflict never occurs. But I'd still like it the old way, where we don't have to worry about who opens it first.

You'll need to do a secondary account. GMail is synched to the device instantly and will be marked as read due to this.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol