Apps tend to be laggier on note 2, than on my galaxy nexus

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I find it quite weird that my old galaxy nexus has much better in app performance than the note 2. The note 2 seems to lag and jerk while scrolling in apps such as instagram, and the new play music app. The scrolling on my galaxy nexus is just a lot faster and smoother. Does anyone know why this is happening? Could it be because of the larger screen of the note 2? Would loading a stock android rom, such as pacman or CM 10.1, help fix this performance issue in apps? Thanks!

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I find it quite weird that my old galaxy nexus has much better in app performance than the note 2. The note 2 seems to lag and jerk while scrolling in apps such as instagram, and the new play music app. The scrolling on my galaxy nexus is just a lot faster and smoother. Does anyone know why this is happening? Could it be because of the larger screen of the note 2? Would loading a stock android rom, such as pacman or CM 10.1, help fix this performance issue in apps? Thanks!

You do know that you're comparing two different devices with two different appearances when it comes to UI right? (Galaxy Nexus with stock vanilla android and Galaxy Note 2 with bloated TouchWiz)

...and yes, any AOSP-based ROM would have better app performance than TouchWiz due to lack of OEM and carrier provided software.

Posted via Android Central App

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
You do know that you're comparing two different devices with two different appearances when it comes to UI right? (Galaxy Nexus with stock vanilla android and Galaxy Note 2 with bloated TouchWiz)

...and yes, any AOSP-based ROM would have better app performance than TouchWiz due to lack of OEM and carrier provided software.

Posted via Android Central App

Yes I know what I'm comparing. And I'm wondering if stock Android makes that big of a difference.

Posted from the AC app

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
if you are rooted, you can keep touchwiz, and install a different kernal, and see how that improves your performance..and yes, a stock AOSP rom will outperform a TouchWiz one 99% of the time..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers