Launchers with Custom Grid?

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Is there a launcher that has a custom grid? I like Nova launcher, but I don't like how the app drawer isn't all that customization. I'm planning to give ADW and APEX a try, but figured I'd also ask as well. As good as Nova is, I need to be able to customize my app drawer because I don't use many home pages. Most of the time I'm in my app drawer.

I'm basically looking for any launcher that does this. I plan to try them all and figure out the best, but getting a list that support custom grid will help narrow it down.

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You must be using an old version of Nova or it may be only on Nova Prime.
Currently on Nova Prime you can change these attributes for the app drawer:
-Grid (up to 12x12, but on an s3 you can only go 5x6 before the icons start to touch one another)
-scroll effect
-background transparency
-drawer style(vertical/horizontal)
-infinite scroll
-drawer groups
-add folders
-folder first
-hide apps
-isolate tabs
-auto close
-remember last position
-change icon

In the last update widgets and live wallpapers are now in the app drawer. I'm not sure what other features you can add.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Right, but you can't customize the app drawer by moving apps in any order. It's all sorted by ABC order.

Nova doesn't allow this. I have the paid version. Sure you can add folders and what not from your list, but I need to move apps in my order.

Josphe72

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Apex Pro has custom grids and you can also rearrange your apps. You can even make custom groups for the ones you use the most. While in the app drawer open up settings, go to manage drawer and you can make the changes you like.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Apex Pro has custom grids and you can also rearrange your apps. You can even make custom groups for the ones you use the most. While in the app drawer open up settings, go to manage drawer and you can make the changes you like.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Is this a pro only feature? I don't mind paying for the app, but when trying the free version it doesn't have this feature. I've attached an image, does a custom option show up in this area?

Want to make sure it's available before buying.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368897866672.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368897866672.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 79

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't look like Apex can do a custom sort. Unless someone can show me otherwise?

Custom sort from apps in app-drawer

I've been trying a few launchers and so far coming up with nothing. Looks like I might be stuck with Touch Wiz. I want custom themes, animations, more customization, etc. However I need custom sort more. :(

note2user

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a directly related question. I've tried Go Launcher and I really enjoy the different themes, etc. but ended up going back to touchwiz because I couldn't figure out how to have incomplete pages of apps. Are there any launchers that allow this feature? Does Go Launcher allow it, and I'm just missing a setting?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Joseph Mollis

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Try Lightening Launcher. It has more customizations and Options than you can Imagine. Plus you can arrange your app drawer any way you like. With or without grid and snapping.

guysoft

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Lightening Launcher supports this, however, it has no pages!
The whole point of having a custom grid is so you can locate the app you want by recalling mentally the page it was on and spacial location. This is unhelpful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star