Note 2 Chrome Browser

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Last night I used the Chrome Browser on my U.S.Cellular note 2 with O.S. 4.1.2 & it didn't work as good as the stock browser. Can anyone give some info on this because people have been saying that chrome was better?
Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Jerry,

It's somewhat subjective. I use Chrome, as I also use Chrome on my desktop so the ability to sync is beneficial to me. Chrome is my goto browser on my desktop, phone and tablet, however I also use the stock browser. For example, while Flash is dead, it does not know that yet. Chrome does not support Flash, but if you side load flash, the stock browser will us it. For most web pages it seems like Chrome is a little faster, but it's really perception, not sure how you measure it on a hand held device, where the network coverage changes as you move.

My advice, use the browser you like best. Also if you are looking at a replacement for the stock browser, look at Oprah, Dolphin, and Firefox, give them all a spin, then choose the one you like the best. Also no law that says you cant have several. I also have Firefox on all my devices. It's actually interesting to open the same page in all 3 and see it rendered differently (sometimes VERY differently).

Enjoy

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My advice, use the browser you like best. Also if you are looking at a replacement for the stock browser, look at Oprah, Dolphin, and Firefox, give them all a spin, then choose the one you like the best. Also no law that says you cant have several. I also have Firefox on all my devices. It's actually interesting to open the same page in all 3 and see it rendered differently (sometimes VERY differently). Enjoy

Looks like spell check got you: Opera vs Oprah. (Though she might have a nice browser. :))

To the list I highly recommend the Boat browser: feature rich and pleasant interface.

And yes it's a trip how differently the browsers do their rendering.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12