Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts

Default Home screens. How are you set up?

Good morning everyone. I scoured the various home screen threads seeking help without success. These threads always show people's main home screen and how they're customized to each person's taste/needs. I enjoyed reading these threads, & they've been very helpful. Now Android comes with multiple home screens out of the box. How do you use these secondary screens? I've always struggled to use more than one home screen, but there must be some good use for the others. How do you utilize the other 4-6 screens? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Screen shots also helpful. Thanks.

Last edited by Lodingi; 06-01-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Default Re: Home screens. How are you set up?

You're just basically doing what you said, setting them up to your own liking. I only have 4, and use them all daily.

~Jae, tap'n on my Galaxy Note 2~owned since 5-30-13
    ~Jae~

I've always had a hard time finding use for so many home screens. I just use two. Curious to see how others use the Extra screens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1370090083604.jpg   Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1370090098688.jpg  

I have been using Buzz Launcher recently and I really like it because you can share your home screens with other users. It makes customizing your somescreens very easy. I used one of the defaults and changed it around to my liking. I like my homescreens to be clean and organized.
    Hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1370091995519.jpg   Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1370092015129.jpg   Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1370092033936.jpg  
    Neofite, 808TBolt and ImmaGhost like this.

I use home screens like folders. On either side of my main home screen - the one where my home button takes me - I group related apps on their own home screen. One groups news apps, another games, another photo apps, another shopping apps and one for phone utilities. This is useful to me since you can't group apps in the Apps drawer.
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast

Quote Originally Posted by ericrangel76 View Post
    I have been using Buzz Launcher recently and I really like it because you can share your home screens with other users. It makes customizing your somescreens very easy. I used one of the defaults and changed it around to my liking. I like my homescreens to be clean and organized.
    Hope this helps.

Wanna share with me? Lol

Sent From Another Galaxy.

I keep my homescreens to a minimum. I use 3. Calendar, Main home screen, and a few of my favorite app widget

Let's see your Note 2 home screens.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raymaane View Post
    I keep my homescreens to a minimum. I use 3. Calendar, Main home screen, and a few of my favorite app widget

This is exactly what I do!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1370120806094.jpg  

Keeping it simple for now. Just one screen used, but in the past have had two with smaller size phones. One for frequently used, and the other for the occasionally used items organized into folders by category.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home screens. How are you set up?-screenshot_2013-06-01-20-27-28.jpg  

Use nova launcher for a Google look.. it's fast and with animations .. this is my nova launcher homescreen with origami live wallpaper.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1370142332643.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ericrangel76 View Post
    I have been using Buzz Launcher recently and I really like it because you can share your home screens with other users. It makes customizing your somescreens very easy. I used one of the defaults and changed it around to my liking. I like my homescreens to be clean and organized. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the Buzz tip. May be using it regularly. The sharing just seems to be a matter of using one you see and like. And you may or may not share your own.
    Last edited by universeand; 06-02-2013 at 07:03 PM.
    Ridin' a Note 2 blast
    ericrangel76 likes this.

This is my current setup. I like to have one folder with the most used apps, then one folder with my camera apps (big hobby of mine). The other screens on pretty much all the phones I've had are always a calendar widget and settings widget... And since I have a note, now I have a notes widget. I like to keep things simple, organized and very straightforward (now, if I could only apply that to the rest of my life lol).

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!! :-)
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."

That's pretty much it. I've spent many hours trying to come up with my own look. This cuts down on the time. I liked one of the defaults and tweeked it to my liking. The only thing I added was Simple Calendar and Poweramp player because they have customizable widgets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by raymaane View Post
    Wanna share with me? Lol

I would but the only way to share it is uploading to their site. I'll do it if you like.

I use Apex Pro. There's nothing wrong with TW but I don't like to see the persistent notification bar and I prefer to be able to overlap widgets. Here's how I'm set up now. And obviously I'm ready for summer..

Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1370391995852.jpg

...GNote2
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts

I appreciate everyone's input. I don't know why, but I can't train myself to utilize the extra real estate. I guess I will just tinker and try different widgets on different screens and see if something sticks. Thanks again.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by skafri View Post
    This is exactly what I do!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk
    Are you using splanner calendar widget? and how? love your weeping angel wall paper....creepiest who villain ever!!

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lodingi View Post
    I appreciate everyone's input. I don't know why, but I can't train myself to utilize the extra real estate. I guess I will just tinker and try different widgets on different screens and see if something sticks. Thanks again.

Im with you. I try to function with just 2 homepages. Main home page is essential phone functions, search and hdwidgets, second screen is all apps placed in folders, music player and application manager widget.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1370454822168.jpg   Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1370454832166.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1370468491202.jpg  

Nova launcher! Thanks to coldfustion on youtube!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home screens. How are you set up?-screenshot_2013-06-07-20-29-58.jpg   Home screens. How are you set up?-screenshot_2013-06-07-20-30-06.png   Home screens. How are you set up?-screenshot_2013-06-07-20-30-11.jpg   Home screens. How are you set up?-screenshot_2013-06-07-20-30-19.png  
    nlitenme likes this.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by chrscaley; 06-15-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Like to keep it clean and simple. Smart Launcher does that for me. Only issue is widgets can be a bit elemental when accessing the widget screen from the launcher.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Sent from my Alienware M17X laptop - ooh look at the pretty coloured lights!

Setup for now.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1371501383995.jpg   Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1371501418500.jpg   Home screens. How are you set up?-uploadfromtaptalk1371501433779.jpg  
    nlitenme likes this.

My basic home screen contains a small Google Tasks (GTO) widget on the left; the Resizeable Google Calendar Agenda widget (3rd party, not stock) on the left. Those are a bit personal, so not posting pix.

I fill out the bottom of the screen (between the pre-set strip of icons and those two widgets) with 4 most used other apps, which is all that fits.

On the next screen to the right, I have folders with most of my remaining favorite apps ("Watch," "Utilities," "RSS" etc0

On the next screen from home to the left, I have a big (purchased) HD weather widget that shows the 5 day forecast, rather than a tiny little clock and a temp.

On the screen next to the that, I have a month view calendar widget.

Then I have a full screen of widgets for my most common Contacts. I find that convenient.

And finally on the screen next to that, I have a couple of misc. widgets---the "set alarm" stock widget and the dual time zone clock. I tend to use those only when traveling.
    Last edited by monsieurms; 06-17-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast