Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joshwithachance
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ereading?

I am planning on doing some ereading on my note 2; does anyone have any suggestions for ereader apps or any positive or negative experiences?

Default Re: ereading?

The Amazon Kindle app works great on the Note 2.

Check out coolreader. Best eraser I have ever used on any platform.
    _X_

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

There are a lot if good readers, what format are you looking to read and what store are you planning to buy from. Unless you know how to remove DRM or use Adobe DRM you'll be limited to using the erader tied to the store you're buying from.

But to answer your question my favorite ereaders are Moon+ Reader and Montano. Moon + being my preferred.

Amazon Kindle app here... primarily because I also have a Kindle reader.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

The best eReader in my opinion is actually the preloaded Play Books app. A few weeks ago Google changed the rules so that you can side-load your own ePubs and PDFs
    karsdroid likes this.

^^^ These are all good suggestions. Another one to check out is .
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    The best eReader in my opinion is actually the preloaded Play Books app. A few weeks ago Google changed the rules so that you can side-load your own ePubs and PDFs
    just checked it out, it's very cool especially the feature allowing for personal uploads! Has everything I need including a dictionary feature by highlighting words!
    _X_

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

It has improved by a lot, it was God awful initial, however it still does not compare to some of the readers out there.

I use Kindle mostly but have Overdrive as a backup for non-Kindle publishing.

I agree, i've tried many readers coolreader is the one i always defaulted to since i've always tended to convert books into txt format. with the ability to upload epub files to playbooks i've been using it alot. it helps to have the feature of sync between devices, so if i switch from my phone to my tablet and back it asks me if i want to keep my page. also as someone mentioned you have to have drm free epub books.....i would suggest "epubee", works great....if i buy a book i want to use it wherever and on whatever device or app that meets my needs. another suggestion if anyone is playing with formats is "calibre", its awesome and converts lots of different formats.

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

I have the Amazon Kindle app and the B&N Nook app on my Note2 and use both frequently, love it!!
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!

Noting the heading states upload, does this mean uploading privately owned ebooks to Google? Not for me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g