Note 2 and complimentary Android tablet

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying an Android tablet to replace my iPad 2. I'd like a 10" tablet as I like the larger screens. Old eyes don't see that well anymore. Anyway, though I have loved the iPad, I want something that compliments my Note 2. Love the phone and the ability to customize it to my liking not the manufacturers, plus the s-pen is great. What does everyone use and recommend as the ultimate replacement? Thanking all in advance of your inputs.:cool:

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Note 10.1, without a doubt. There are a bunch of us here who have both the Note 2 and the Note 10.1. They make an awesome combination and complement each other perfectly. Two S Pens are better than one!

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Note 10.1, without a doubt. There are a bunch of us here who have both the Note 2 and the Note 10.1. They make an awesome combination and complement each other perfectly. Two S Pens are better than one!

+1 (me too - love both of my Notes)

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I agree, the galaxy note 10.1, I have the white one I bought in September, and just got my note 2 last week!

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Use the pen extensively with both and enjoy the convenience and functionality both offer.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the note 8 and it does complement the note 2 very well. Im not sure how much the 10.1 but the note 8 is kinda on the expensive side of table. If both devices are capable of the same things you might be better off with 10.1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 8 and it does complement the note 2 very well. Im not sure how much the 10.1 but the note 8 is kinda on the expensive side of table. If both devices are capable of the same things you might be better off with 10.1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

The Note 10.1 was about $50 more than the Note 8 last I checked -- less at Costco. Plus there's a 32GB version of the Note 10.1 for $100 more (I don't think a 32GB Note 8 has been released). I used to have a PlayBook, which is roughly the same size as the Note 8, and I think the larger tablet makes a better companion to the N2.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I also have the note 8 and love it. i have a transformer prime and its just to big and heavy, might as well have had a small laptop, in fact tended to use my laptop more. the note 8 however is a great size, larger than the 7" archos tablet i also have. the s pen is awesome, and its very light and usable.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 10 all the way as long as can live without s pen nexus 10 is a badass love mine have since day one

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If you plan to take note and want stylus go with a note.

If you just want an Android table go with the Nexus 10. Google supported, high resolution screen and best price .

I have a sweet spot for Asus tablets myself. I think they do the best job when it comes to tablets. Their supported well, have the best specs, a great build quality and are best value. Asus just announced their latest Transformer tablet, it will have an outstanding res and using a Tegra4 chip.

kpageisgreat

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought it would be redundant to get the Note 10.1 to go with the Note 2 but I find it was the perfect combo for me. I previously had the Transformer Prime and then moved to the Nexus 7 before settling on the Note 10.1.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This thread made me realize that while I use the S Pen with the Note 2 frequently -- mainly to take notes in the office because it's with me -- my Note 10.1 stayed at home, and I actually rarely used its S Pen (although I liked to think I did, hence my 2 S Pens are better than one comment above). I returned it just at the tail end of my 30 day window and got the Nexus 10 instead. Ha! It is a good complement, too -- if the Note 2 and its S Pen are all the S Pen you really need. The 10.1 is a great tab, but if you take away the S Pen (or don't need it because you have a Note 2), the Nexus 10 is definitely better.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
In the 4 months that I have had the Note 2 I have only touched my tablet about 4 times and 3 of them were just to see if the battery was still charged...lol! Oh, and one day I went looking all over the house trying to remember where I had put my tablet the week before.

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Here's my vote, and I know that I'm going to get some flack for it, but go with a Windows 8. I just got one to replace my 8 year old laptop. I know that a lot people don't like Win8, but I think it's kinda fun to learn and mess with something new....and it's still a full Windows PC, so you can use it to root and mess with your phone. It's taking some learning curve, but I think I've made a good decision

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I really appreciate all the input from the members here. I don't use the s-pen all that much on my Note2 so it sounds like I won't need it much if at all on a Note 10.1. So it looks like the Nexus 10 moves to the top of the heap. I'll check it out in the next few weeks. And thanks jharo for the Win8 recommendation, but count me as one who is not interested in that OS.

Last edited:

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I really appreciate all the input from the members here. I don't use the s-pen all that much on my Note2 so it sounds like I won't need it much if at all on a Note 10.1. So it looks like the Nexus 10 moves to the top of the heat. I'll check it out in the next few weeks. And thanks jharo for the Win8 recommendation, but count me as one who is not interested in that OS.

If you get it, you won't regret it. The screen is drop dead gorgeous. I started watching stuff from various sources on it just because it looked that good. Not that the Note 10.1 has a bad screen, but it really pales in comparison. I was using the two of them within 12 hours of each other (the Nexus 10 is available at Walmart for the same price as the Play Store, making it an easy pickup), and the difference really is stunning.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Here's my vote, and I know that I'm going to get some flack for it, but go with a Windows 8. I just got one to replace my 8 year old laptop. I know that a lot people don't like Win8, but I think it's kinda fun to learn and mess with something new....and it's still a full Windows PC, so you can use it to root and mess with your phone. It's taking some learning curve, but I think I've made a good decision

I got a Windows 8 Ultrabook with a touch screen a couple weeks ago and it's freaking awesome! Once you use Windows 8 on hardware that it was really made for, it totally makes sense and it's beautiful to use. That said, I would NOT want a Windows RT tablet...too limited. The full Win 8 is great though. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge