How to block adds

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if I changed a setting in the system or on an app but in the last week I keep getting add notifications in my notification nar. If I press and hold the notification it gives me the option to view the app. Which each tin has been a Font pack. I uninstall and I get another one in hours or the next day. I have been using the font packs since i got the phone in Dec and never had an issue. If I select the add, it takes me to the stock browser. I've been in the browser setings and do not see where I've changed something to cause this.
What am I overlooking?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if I changed a setting in the system or on an app but in the last week I keep getting add notifications in my notification nar. If I press and hold the notification it gives me the option to view the app. Which each tin has been a Font pack. I uninstall and I get another one in hours or the next day. I have been using the font packs since i got the phone in Dec and never had an issue. If I select the add, it takes me to the stock browser. I've been in the browser setings and do not see where I've changed something to cause this.
What am I overlooking?

Try downloading Airpush Opt Out app from Play. Airpush is one of the biggest ad culprits on Android. It's small, 7xx KB, but you have to keep it on your phone. You just open it and push don't want ads.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
What am I overlooking?

sounds like one of your apps is pushing ads.......i'd get rid of any new apps and see if that helps. then add back one by one slowly and see which is the culprit....there is also an app, Lookout Ad Network Detector, that will look for apps that are causing the problem.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante