How do I reset my Android PIN?

Dibbie Knight

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
So, I set up a PIN (I dont care if you know it, its really basic: 1112)
And I have this app, that lets you lock certain things on your phone with this PIN, like notes you might want to keep private if you where to say loose ur phone, you dont want a hacker to look at, or songs you dont want someone else to hare unless they know the PIN, etc...
Anyway, I have this note I locked with this PIN, and I try it every time 1112, and it sais "Nope sorry wrong PIN, try again" every time, no matter what I enter.

Is there a way for me to get this PIN? Seeing as its clearly broken cause I know for a FACT it IS 1112, or at least a way to reset it? And the app doesnt have something like a "Reset PIN" function built in, how would I go about doing this?

PS: Im really new to this forms so I hope I have this in the right area of it.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...it might help if we knew what app it was. Do you choose a different pin everytime you want to lock something, or is the pin the same across everything on the device? If the former, is it possible you accidentally chose the wrong pin for that note? If the latter, does the pin work on other things you've locked?

Dibbie Knight

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, its the same throughout the device, the app is called "ColorNote" and no, I cant really access anything that requires only a PIN
Is there a way for me to reset it somehow or something?

justpastfinish

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
You could try to backup the contents of the app if it let's your do that, then under install it and reinstall it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta