• 1 Post By LadiJae
  • 1 Post By zmann
  • 1 Post By msndrstood
  • 2 Post By zmann
  • 1 Post By msndrstood
  • 1 Post By JasW
  • 2 Post By Jennifer Stough
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tpu cases for galaxy note 2 - Have you used them and are they worth it?

Hello everyone :-) hope you're all well :-)

SO, as the title states... I'm looking for a second case for my Note 2. I'd like it to be something a little slimmer than my Otterbox Defender case. Don't get me wrong, I love my Otterbox, but I also like to have at least 2 cases to be able to alternate them once in a while...

Questions...

Have any of you used these before?

How well do they withstand common drops... Say, from a pocket?

Do you get a good grip when you hold the phone?

Durability... Do they last for a while?

Overall, describe any experiences you've had with these types of cases... Any recommendations you may have... Or if it's a bad idea altogether just tell me lol. Maybe this thread can help others with the same question.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!!!!
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Tpu cases for galaxy note 2 - Have you used them and are they worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by taniabonita52 View Post
    Hello everyone :-) hope you're all well :-)

SO, as the title states... I'm looking for a second case for my Note 2. I'd like it to be something a little slimmer than my Otterbox Defender case. Don't get me wrong, I love my Otterbox, but I also like to have at least 2 cases to be able to alternate them once in a while...

Questions...

Have any of you used these before?

How well do they withstand common drops... Say, from a pocket?

Do you get a good grip when you hold the phone?

Durability... Do they last for a while?

Overall, describe any experiences you've had with these types of cases... Any recommendations you may have... Or if it's a bad idea altogether just tell me lol. Maybe this thread can help others with the same question.

I got my TPU case free when I ordered my flygrip. Without the flygrip I would see dropping my phone more often because it has a smooth finish. But I have dropped my device at least 7 or 8 times and I do not have a scratch on it.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    taniabonita52 likes this.

Default Re: Tpu cases for galaxy note 2 - Have you used them and are they worth it?

I have a TPU case on my S3 for a little over a year now and love it. It provides excellent grip, excellent protection, and easy to get in and out of your pocket.

tap'n
    Thanked by 2:
    taniabonita52 and RazorDroid like this.

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

I swear by TPU cases. Good protection and keep it slim. My favorites are Cruzerlite.
    Thanked by 2:
    taniabonita52 and RazorDroid like this.

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

I have a few of the Lloyd brand TPU cases from the Android Central Store, all are great cases. These cases also fit perfectly in a Seidio Innocase holster for GN2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the responses to far :-) I appreciate it!

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

I have a tpu like case I suppose on my note 2....I don't like the huge Otterbox like cases. Tpu gives good grip which is what I need

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~
    ~Jae~
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Bonita, I thought you had an Otterbox?

~Jae~
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by LadiJae View Post
    Bonita, I thought you had an Otterbox?

Yes I do :-) I really love it... But I like to have one extra case to alternate it every once in a while. My old phone had an Otterbox, and it was the only case it had... And by the time I went to upgrade, the case looked like hell. The rubber warped a little too. It was weird... So I said, "eh, lemme get one of these Tpu thingies" lol. That way one case doesn't get all the abuse all at once... And if I feel like something slimmer, I can switch it out :-)

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    I have a few of the Lloyd brand TPU cases from the Android Central Store, all are great cases. These cases also fit perfectly in a Seidio Innocase holster for GN2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    Just checked these out. They look so cool.

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Dont get a white tpu case...they get dirty quickly.... I've had mine since I've had the phone which is exactly two weeks today and the case is turning a bit Gray lol maybe I have dirty hands or something lol it sits on my desk at work

~Jae~
    Thanked by:
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

I have a Mercury branded TPU from Amazom.com, it fits well enough, it is a slim fit case and has protected my phone from drops of pocket height and higher on industrial carpet(no pad under thin carpet on concrete), and to cement and wood floors with no damage to phone. Was sub 15$ delivered too.

Amazon.com: SQ1 [Mercury] Slim Fit Flexible TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by LadiJae View Post
    Dont get a white tpu case...they get dirty quickly.... I've had mine since I've had the phone which is exactly two weeks today and the case is turning a bit Gray lol maybe I have dirty hands or something lol it sits on my desk at work

Does yours have a grainy feeling when you touch it or smooth shiny.

If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Does yours have a grainy feeling when you touch it or smooth shiny.

Its smooth.but the sides where the buttons are, all the way down have the grip pebbles I call them

~Jae~
    Thanked by:

I have one that is completely invisible. You can see my note 2 perfect. This case is so very clear. Love it.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I have one that is completely invisible. You can see my note 2 perfect. This case is so very clear. Love it.

Do you have a link?

What?! ... I'm msndrstood.
    via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Thanks for all the input so far!! :-)

love my evo.
    Thanked by 2:
    taniabonita52 and msndrstood like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    this is the one,, just go to amazon and search luvvitt note 2. I have over 20 cases and I won't ever take this one off,, I love it that much. You can see every bit of the phone and have some protection at the same time. I use this with my memi tempered glass screen protector and im very much protected.

Thanks a bunch!

What?! ... I'm msndrstood.
    via Note II
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

I like the Samsung OEM case. It has grippy sides but looks like it's a part of the phone (particularly the shiny back, which has the Samsung logo and "GALAXY Note II" on it). Note that the back can get worn looking, though, but it still looks the best. I also have the Body Glove Dimensions TPU, which I'd also recommend because of its terrific grippiness.
    Thanked by:

The TPU cases definitely look great. Willl get one as soon as I can get my hands on a galaxy note 2
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Great suggestions for the TPU cases. Thanks everyone! I'm definitely getting one. I'll post whatever I get back in this thread :-)

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

I don't have a note 2 (my husband does) and he doesn't have a tpu case (otterbox defender) but I hear diztronic brand tpu cases are very good, if they have one for the note 2

Edit: they do, and at a good price. May have to pick up the pink one for my hubby

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2
    Thanked by 2:
    taniabonita52 and msndrstood like this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Amazon.com: Caseology Slim Fit Flexible TPU Case Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

hello y'all. fiiiiiinally got my case in the mail after taking quite some time to decide which one i wanted. i am very happy with this one