Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By GregMargie
  • 1 Post By GregMargie
  • 1 Post By GregMargie
  • 2 Post By BeRich
  • 1 Post By zmann
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Argh! How do I remove a screen protector

Need: I want to remove my current screen protector.

Situation: I put a protector on. After application, I realized that I can't see the protector at all! I tried to graze the edges of the screen protector and I could not locate the edges. I used my nails and fine tweezers to no avail.

Problem: My wife somehow convinced me that I didn't have a protector on my screen. So now I'm pretty sure I have 2 protectors on! I have no idea how to remove the screen protector.

p.s.: yes the protector is THAT thin. If you're interested, I can share the link where I purchased it, but first things first: Is there any technique I can use to find the edge and remove it?

Default Re: Argh! How do I remove a screen protector

I would suggest Not using anything sharp as you don't want to scratch the screen. If you hold the phone at an angle, you should be able to see the edge of the screen protector. I would try something like the edge of a credit card to try and get under it.

Margie
    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Internet_Tough_Guy View Post
    Need: I want to remove my current screen protector.

Situation: I put a protector on. After application, I realized that I can't see the protector at all! I tried to graze the edges of the screen protector and I could not locate the edges. I used my nails and fine tweezers to no avail.

Problem: My wife somehow convinced me that I didn't have a protector on my screen. So now I'm pretty sure I have 2 protectors on! I have no idea how to remove the screen protector.

p.s.: yes the protector is THAT thin. If you're interested, I can share the link where I purchased it, but first things first: Is there any technique I can use to find the edge and remove it?
    If you need something that has a fine tip, try a toothpick. The wood/plastic should be strong enough to at least start an edge.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by GregMargie View Post
    I would suggest Not using anything sharp as you don't want to scratch the screen. If you hold the phone at an angle, you should be able to see the edge of the screen protector. I would try something like the edge of a credit card to try and get under it.

Margie
    The protector is that thin, you cannot see the edge nor can you feel it.
    Last edited by Internet_Tough_Guy; 06-23-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Most protectors come off with tape. Use tape and rub it on good so it gets a good grip and slowly peel it off. Usually I stick the tape on the corner.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
    Most protectors come off with tape. Use tape and rub it on good so it gets a good grip and slowly peel it off. Usually I stick the tape on the corner.
    thanks for this suggestion. I used packing tape, still no go...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    If you need something that has a fine tip, try a toothpick. The wood/plastic should be strong enough to at least start an edge.
    thanks, I tried the toothpick and credit card, the edges are even way too thin for these two items.

Global Posts
    13,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

thanks, I tried the toothpick and credit card, the edges are even way too thin for these two items.
    Then I highly suggest to leave it alone. The only other edge I can think of is a razor; obviously not an option.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Then I highly suggest to leave it alone. The only other edge I can think of is a razor; obviously not an option.
    the only reason i wanted to remove the 1st protector was that I scratched the protector. Then my wife convinced me that I never put a protector on, then I put the 2nd protector on, and it literally disappeared on my screen again! i can't see a single edge. Around the home button and camera lens, the protector doesn't surround the entire button/lens, I grazed it and looked at it, no edges! Talk about a thin film!

Are you positive you even have a protector on the phone? Mine is pretty thin too, but I can definitely see the edges.

Margie
    BeRich likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by GregMargie View Post
    Are you positive you even have a protector on the phone? Mine is pretty thin too, but I can definitely see the edges.

Margie
    yes, and when my wife doubted it, I put another one on with same issue, no edges!

Note to self: Don't listen to wife next time regarding my phone Joke.
    Is that a Samsung Note 2 in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

OMG, i just found out that my screen protector film was a scam. That's why I couldn't locate the freaking film!

The applicator never had a film in the middle! Nothing I can do about it now. I contacted amazon to report the seller (he was reputable, but he needs to be aware he's selling a placebo!).

Now my screen has 2 scratches on it, how am I going to get compensated for this? It's like selling sugar pills to medical patients!

Global Posts
    13,877 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

OMG, i just found out that my screen protector film was a scam. That's why I couldn't locate the freaking film!

The applicator never had a film in the middle! Nothing I can do about it now. I contacted amazon to report the seller (he was reputable, but he needs to be aware he's selling a placebo!).

Now my screen has 2 scratches on it, how am I going to get compensated for this? It's like selling sugar pills to medical patients!
    Ugh....sorry about the news. I would be fully prepared to get no compensation.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Ugh....sorry about the news. I would be fully prepared to get no compensation.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

well, I got compensated from Amazon customer service for the protector, which doesn't help, it's only like $2. What about my freaking screen!? argh, these people have no shame scamming people.

Wow! I don't see how it's possible to not know there was no actual protector there when you were installing to the screen? I always have to place/adjust it then squeeze any air bubbles (which you always have at least tiny ones.

Margie
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
    BeRich likes this.

This whole thread made me lol
    Error
    zeuswsu and zjaksn10 like this.

Nothing here made any sense to me. Any protector has bubbles to squeeze out,, how could you not know there was no protector?

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.
    love my evo.
    zjaksn10 likes this.