Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Galaxy Note 2: Headphones problem - filled with static

wow...thanks,i was loughing,when i read ...ur advice to hit the phone on the knees....i did it after many efforts to fix it,headset was not working..and suddenly worked..thanks

Wink Re: Galaxy Note 2: Headphones problem - filled with static

Thank you sooo much!!! I've been trying to play audio through my earphones for a month. I smacked the back 3 times and bam it worked!

Genius, My phone had the same static issue and found the fix to smack it.. First wack didn't do anything... Second wack with the headset phone jack in place fixed the issue.. THANK YOU ALL !!
    David Castro4 likes this.

WOW I literary also made this account just to say that this really worked!!! I had to give it a couple taps but now its working!!!!!! Wow if only we could fix all our electronic problems by hitting!

I have a brand new galaxy young 2 smartphone and having the same problem. The only way I found to make it work - these smash your phone few times and miracle will happen does not occur to me - is to connect it with an old NOKIA headset wich has a button on it (supposedly to turn on but usally I only use it to listen to music and it did nothing with my previous phones while listening). As I hold the button pressed it works beautifully! If I release pressure it gets back static again. My only hope is to press it as long as I can

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

thanks so much... fixed an ongoing problem within seconds

I thought that somebody with a lick of sense should mention that banging your $400 phone is Not a "fix." It's a workaround at best. Yes, it does work, for a little while. But then it comes back, and you have bang your phone again. And if you bang it too hard, or in the wrong spot, you'll break something. Like the glass lens cover of your camera, for example.

I got so sick of this sudden and horrible sound distortion issue on my HTC One m7 that I bought another used HTC One in good condition, and swapped my motherboard into it. Incredibly, that didn't fix the horrible distortion problem. Or the awful camera issue of that pink/purple tint on the pics it takes in sub-daylight conditions.

So both problems are on the motherboard - probably a software issue. But nobody I've found so far has delved into the program files of their rooted phone, so it's anyone's guess where the settings are screwed up (and my ROM doesn't have the mixer_paths.xml file that some people have edited to solve this rotten headset audio problem). It seems that the per-amplifier software is over-amplifying the signal, because the distortion persists at even the lowest volume settings...Very frustrating...

Hopefully someone will -actually- solve this problem, which seems very common in this phone (almost as common as the photo tint problem), because banging on it is a dumb idea and an impermanent workaround.

I can't see the attached thumbnails?
    Ethel11 likes this.

I can't believa it eighter. I had the same problem, got it repaired and it worked for like a day, but then it started buzzing again. Thanks god I found this thread. Hitting it with the knee didn't help, but two smacks on the book (I didn't want to damage it ) did. WFT Samsung?????

thank's i had that sttic problem just hit my phone on my knee too and it's works again

Quote Originally Posted by is250sp View Post
    OMG I am so glad I found this thread because been having the same issue for the past couple of months. Just a few smacks on my palm and it works! I shall call this "The Fonz Fix" lol.
    I've been having the same problem with my AT&T Galaxy Note 2 also. I just read what all of you did to remedy this headphone jack problem. Right after reading it, I actually punched it several times (lightly though) and now real audio, not static noise, comes through the earbuds! Thanks guys!

Default Re: Headphones problem - filled with static

Quote Originally Posted by BobR1908 View Post
    Sorry for what may seem like a silly question but are you pushing until you hear the headphones click into place? If not then static could be produced.

In addition, did he happen to give you the earbuds that would have originally come with the phone? If so for health reasons you may not want to put them in your ear but hold them up to your ear to see if the static is being produced, I often hear of this happening when headphones/earbuds other than those that came with the phone are used. Sounds silly, but I would try them if you have them.

Sometimes cases will prevent one from connecting all the way until hearing that click.

You could try factory reseting the device as well, not much to lose and may help resolve the issue. Also, is this happening when on both 3G and Wifi? I have heard of cases where static occurs while connected via Wifi but streams perfectly when using 3G. Result, Wifi overload from what I am told.

Just thinking out loud in attempt to help, I hope everything works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BobR1908 View Post
    Sorry for what may seem like a silly question but are you pushing until you hear the headphones click into place? If not then static could be produced.

In addition, did he happen to give you the earbuds that would have originally come with the phone? If so for health reasons you may not want to put them in your ear but hold them up to your ear to see if the static is being produced, I often hear of this happening when headphones/earbuds other than those that came with the phone are used. Sounds silly, but I would try them if you have them.

Sometimes cases will prevent one from connecting all the way until hearing that click.

You could try factory reseting the device as well, not much to lose and may help resolve the issue. Also, is this happening when on both 3G and Wifi? I have heard of cases where static occurs while connected via Wifi but streams perfectly when using 3G. Result, Wifi overload from what I am told.

Just thinking out loud in attempt to help, I hope everything works out for you.
    Yes I have to keep pushing until the scratchy noise no longer comes again, then minutes later it comes back again! Should I change the whole motherboard? I slent spent over $70 just to keep fixing my headphone jack (fixed it 3 times) and there's still that problem. I need the headphones because I workout, walk to school, etc. Please help! Should I go to a mobile store and tell them to replace the motherboard? Or are there any other solutions? I tried all the things the poor guy told you about. What's next?

I joined the site but still can't access the thumbnails. Any way to post them so they are visible to these of us not clever enough to figure out how to view them? Thanks.

Nor can I, even joined to try to access them.

Can't see thumbnails, even joined to try to access them

Quote Originally Posted by jigawattsa View Post
    WOW. Bagging the jack area against my knee worked!! This thread saved me tons of time and money I was going to spend on all types of stuff. +1 internet!
    Exactly how hard did you guys bang the phone on your knees? I've tried but it's still filled with static. I can hear the song, but it's soft and static.

Quote Originally Posted by SSLOPER View Post
    I was having this exact same problem. Headphones clicked all the way in. Tried multiple headsets. No lint or debris in the jack. Saw the post about hitting it on the back with your knee. CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT THIS WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!! Sound quality is fine now.
    I'm writing and registering only thank for the smart solution!
    I've been trying with my Note 2 almost 6 months for the sound issue because sudden distortion and zzzz voices. Tried lots of custom, official ROMs but no joy..
    I've come across here by googling and read that solution.. Can't believe knee tactic worked!
    Thank you all thank you!

i feel like crying😣 because i just fixed my phone because of you guys , you are just insanely great .Thank you so much .

Quote Originally Posted by milkshakelover97 View Post
    Well it was a drop problem because the same exact thing happened to my note 2 i hit the back with my knee and it worked again perfectly fine

Thank you for that tip, I used the palm of my hand in the area near earphone jack and I can listen with my earphones for the first time since I received my phone. Thank you everyone.

Don't beat on your phones!! I had the same problem, along with horrible GPS reception. I saw the post about the missing screw, and looked inside mine - the same screw was missing, just below the camera. I moved one of the side screws to that location, and tightened several others that were loose. Works like new now!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123