Unfortunately, S Note has stopped working.

ship69

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
YES! I down-loaded a new language.
ALSO I had SwiftKey installed which may have been part of the problem. I deactivated SwiftKey in order to do the download and all is now good again.
J

Dristi Khapung

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
omgg your a genius. i dont even see how thats related by any means but it worked !!!!!!! :O after weeksssssssssssss of frustration it finally openeddddddddddd...omg thankyou so muchhhhh

JessCC

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I just recently upgraded my android OS for Note 2 (GT-N7100) to 4.3 and now I'm experiencing the same problems with my S Notes. I've tried everything from installing a new language, to removing and readding my notes and using the widget to access my notes but I still encounter this problem. I hope I don't have to factory reset the phone as that would be my last resort. Is there any way to fix this? I use my S Notes daily and this thing is driving me crazy. I tested on my friend's Note 2 but he doesn't seem to have this problem. Help! I don't know what else to do...

PottsieCov

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Well I don't particularly like technology and certainly didn't use forums until today but I have to say well done to ALAM07 as having tried his fix to the SNote problem it worked in an instant - I simply updated EnglishUK language and SNote sprang into life.

The world is an ever increasing mystery to me but this is one less mystery to worry about. Many thanks!

Simon Xue

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I had the same problem after the update.
I tried few thing that people has suggested, however it doesn't work, then...
I opened My Files /then there is S Note/ then just open any one of the file there;
if you can open the file there you should be able to open your s note again

Deaa Alwanney

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
You Are great man .......... it was as simple as that ... just open any note from S notes folder and the application will work again .... 1000 thanks

Ian Francis1

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
No S-Note since an update to 4.1.2

:cool::DI've had the problem for 3 weeks - and you sir are indeed a LEGEND. After trawling many many forums, contacting the Three network, and various samsung facebook and other pages and tweeting them your solution WORKED

Awesomeness

Melody Conol

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Why in my setting>language and inputs >click on settings of Samsung keyboard>choose Handwriting>... don't have option to choose 'Input languages' under handwriting? Please help, thanks.

Gary Sharpe

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Have had this problem for a while and have tried everything I can think of, including a factory reset but to no avail. Read this, tried it and am now back to full functionality. Thank you!!:D

C Hermae

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I've had this problem for months. Finally Solved!
1. Cleared all Data and Cache for any S Note icon app
2. downloaded a new keyboard language as advised above, but the path on my phone is as follows:
Settings\(Personal)\Language and Input\Samsung keyboard(Settings *)\Input Languages

I chose another English version, and it asked me to update it. Once downloaded, S Note worked again, and my old notes re-appeared.

Michele31415

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I had to hard reset my Note 2 and ever since then I've been getting this damned error. I've tried all of the above suggestions and none of them worked.

To be specific, I have a Verizon SCH-I605 running 4.1.1 and a stock rooted ROM with no OTA updates. S-Note always ran fine before. Now I can create new notes by pulling the stylus to get the mini-popup S-Note window and then clicking Save. That works OK. I can open the S-Note app and see the icons for all my notes OK. I can sync, create new folders, and even delete existing notes. But no matter which note I click on, it refuses to open (screen goes black and then I get the "unfortunately" error.)

I'm guessing this is a permission and/or UID/GID problem. I've found S-note mentioned in the following places:

/data/app/com.sec.android.app.snotebook-1.apk
/data/data/com.sec.android.app.snotebook
/data/data/com.sec.android.provider.snote
/data/media/S Note <- actual notes are here, also init.txt
/system/app/SnoteT0.apk
/system/app/SnoteT0provider.apk

and have tried changing permissions and owner/group settings, all to no avail. I've tried clearing the data and cache, I've tried reloading from Titanium Backup,I've tried downloading new languages (why would that work anyway?), I've tried doing the Sacred S-Note dance under a full moon in the back yard, all to no avail.

One more clue (maybe): my Samsung keyboard also quit working at the same time (ie. after the hard reset). I had to install Swift Beta to get a keyboard that works and has a dedicated number row.

Could someone with a working S-Note on a Galaxy Note 2 and Root Explorer please tell me what the correct permissions anf UID/GID are for /data/media/S Note/? That's my best guess as to where the problem lies.

I'm really pulling my hair out over this one. Foo!

Last edited:

locqdang

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
i had same kind of problem with s note after flashing it with a custom ROM in my gtn 8000. It troubled me alot but finally got the solution by installing languages in keyboard setting.
go to setting>language and inputs >click on settings of Samsung keyboard>choose Handwriting> choose Input languages

u will see lot of languages to download.
download any one of them........................ wait for finishing installation...

Hope it works for u as it did for me.
if does nt work no hard feelings..

It works for me too, thank you so much!

bbmtna

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have a note 10.1, 2014 edition, running no ROMS or what have you. I've tried the above fixes and nothing is working.

I've gone as far as booting in safe mode to see if some rogue app was causing this.
am I destined to export all of my notes and factory reset my tablet?
Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463